Room Service Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONServe guests in hospitable manner to ensure positive guest experience.
* Receives and visually inspects guest check for any inaccuracies, then closes the check to the proper method of payment, (i.e., cash, credit card or house charge).
* Ascertains guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiates accommodation.
* Complies with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management.
* Balance house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieves and returns bank from vault to workstation and return, to ensure accountability.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
* Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
* Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale procedures. Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled