- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Ropes Course Attendant
* Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook and Ropes Course International Training Guidelines.
* Ability to understand and demonstrate proper use of harness.
* Must be able to outfit all participants by choosing the correct size harness and make the needed adjustments to fit their body.
* Knowledge and ability to inspect all safety equipment and understand when something is unsafe.
* Properly attach the sling line to a participant's harness, make correct adjustment in the length of the sling line, and consistently inspect the slider assembly for any damage or deformation before inserting it into the overhead track.
* Ability to monitor all participants and surroundings.
* Ability to assess possible emergency situations.
* Capability and understanding to assist scared participants.
* Possesses a general knowledge of resort operations.
* Enforces the rules and regulations of the dry play area.
* Advises aquatics management of unsafe and unsanitary conditions.
* Provides superior customer service to all guests by assisting all in a polite and expedient manner.
* Complete daily inspection maintenance checklists to ensure neat and orderly appearance.
* Maintains the daily operation of the ropes course within the guidelines of retail operating procedures (where appropriate).
* Maintain the highest standards in areas of cleanliness and service.
* Follows all state regulations associated with attraction operating procedures in accordance with the Department of Agriculture.
* 18 years or older.
* Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands.
* Must successfully complete annual training that covers operating procedures and technical competencies after one year.
* Must be able to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
* Comfortable being in close proximity to people of all ages and genders.
* Must be comfortable being at heights of 30+ ft. (4.6m) or more extended periods of time.
* Possess excellent communication skills.
* 100% attendance and successful completion of Ropes Course (RCI) training sessions.
* Must be able to communicate with staff and participants clearly.
* Enthusiasm and a high energy level required to create a fun exciting atmosphere.
* Excellent multi-tasking skills.
* Basic math skills.
* Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
* Capable of bending, stooping, climbing, standing for long periods of time, etc.
* Ability to insert and remove the puck of the slider assembly into and out of the overhead track.
* Able to lift up to 15lbs. and able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
* Ability to climb multiple flights of stairs on daily basis.
* Must be comfortable in working in varying weather conditions.
* Must have the dexterity to pinch/squeeze with force
* Must have the ability to fully extend your arm overhead.
* Candidates with previous, neck, back, shoulder, wrist, arm, and knee injuries may have difficulty with this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled