This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Calpine Corporation is helping meet the needs of an economy that demands more and cleaner sources of electricity. Founded in 1984, Calpine is a major U.S. power company, capable of delivering more than 26,000 megawatts of clean, reliable and fuel-efficient electricity to customers and communities in 17 U.S. states and Canada. The company develops, constructs, owns and operates a modern and flexible fleet of low-carbon, natural gas-fired and renewable geothermal power plants. Using advanced technologies, Calpine generates electricity in a reliable and environmentally responsible manner for the customers and communities it serves.
Description of the Role
* Calpine s rotation development program consists of three rotations of approximately eight months each (for a total of two years).
* Rotation assignments span a variety of commercial and financial departments, including commercial analytics, risk management, trading, corporate finance, customer origination, and development.
* In all rotations, participants are expected to make material contributions to the success of the company by analyzing problems, building models, making recommendations, and participating directly in discussions on topics that have a significant impact on the financial performance of the company. Recent examples of rotation program participant contributions have included:
* Negotiating and executing commercial agreements supporting potential new plant development
* Real-time trading support and execution
* Analyzing gas and power market issues that affect Calpine contracting and new plant development opportunities
* Analyzing the impact of pending air emissions legislation in support of the company s investor communications and regulatory advocacy efforts
* Surveillance of industry technology improvements and assessment of opportunities and threats
* Membership in the rotation program also provides access to a variety of training opportunities including monthly luncheons with senior members of the Calpine team.
Relevant Skills and Experience
* Displays strong analytical aptitude; experienced with analytical tools such as programming languages or statistical software.
* Strong model-building skills (including Excel skills).
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong presentation skills (including familiarity with PowerPoint).
* Should be able to work autonomously and accept responsibility; able to excel under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
* Team player who is used to diving into issues, brainstorming solutions, and learning new methods and tools to address.
* Knowledge of the energy industry, specifically the independent power or utility sector, is a plus.
A Master s degree in quantitative fields such as business (MBA), mathematics, computational science, engineering, physics, economics, finance, and accounting is required. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in a related field is preferred. A minimum of a 3.25 GPA is required.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm