This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
North Charleston, SC
At Ingevity, we re working hard to fulfill our potential. What about yours* At a time when many companies and careers are stalling, we are not. In fact, we recently became a stand-alone, publicly traded performance chemicals and materials company. We are dedicated to advancing technologies that improve daily living in oilfield, pavement, carbon and industrial markets, and we re positioned to grow at a rapid pace.
We re expanding and continue to invest in our operations to grow our businesses. And we re not finished. We are also, more importantly, investing in top talent. We re seeking individuals who will propel our business to even higher levels of success. We prize creativity and imagination - and our innate curiosity means we re always looking for a better, smarter way of doing things.
Bold. Innovative. Visionary. These qualities best describe employees who work for Ingevity. Our people are our most valued asset, and the foundation of our success.
The Engineering Rotational Program is a two-year program during which you will experience three challenging rotation assignments in multiple US operating facilities. During this intensive program, you will develop your technical and leadership skills by completing eight months assignments within our performance materials and chemicals operations. Your assignments will allow you to be at different locations which enhance your overall knowledge and experience. Throughout your assignments, there will be a heavy emphasis placed on safety, teamwork and process improvement. You will also have access to ongoing development opportunities, from specialized training to engagement with national organizations. In addition to training opportunities, you ll also have access to experienced mentors across the company.
The Engineering Rotational Program at Ingevity is your opportunity to fast-track your career by gaining hands-on experience in Ingevity s industrial environments. Along the way, you will become familiar with production processes, gain valuable project management experience combined with gaining an understanding of equipment design, installation and startup. You ll even be challenged to help improve these processes and troubleshoot production issues.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY:
* Supporting Safety and Environmental initiatives that keep both employees and the environment protected.
* The successful candidate will be performing various evaluations and calculations to size equipment, mass balance calculations, and vent flows.
* Determine needed improvements to the plant by running trials and interpreting results.
* Drive improvements in safety, quality, plant availability, plant production rates, and driving down costs.
* You will be defining process requirements for new products and plant expansions.
* Specifying design of experiments, equipment specifications, and installation requirements.
* You will be insuring that the equipment is safe and that design meets the needs of manufacturing.
* Support production engineers, maintenance, and other plant functions when needed, both capital and non-capital.
* Act as the liason between production and project managers.
* You will be trouble shooting equipment and developing permanent solutions to repeat plant problems
* Lead and participate in OPEX, Six Sigma, and lean activities to sustain continuous improvement
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
* Bachelor s degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
* Up to two years related industrial experience, intern/co-op experience included
* Ability to adapt quickly to a new working location
* Strong project management, analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to organize and prioritize workload
* Integrity and commitment to safety
* Interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
At Ingevity, we believe it takes extraordinary people to create extraordinary results. That s why we harness the exceptional ingenuity and relentless drive of our people to conquer complex customer challenges of today and tomorrow.
We are a talented, trusted and tenacious team, and we push the bounds of what s possible for our customers, day in and day out. We are creative and resourceful, constantly exploring fresh ways of bringing our people, products and processes together to solve problems, big and small. And we are determined to set and exceed standards, developing and delivering high-performance solutions that make a real difference in the real world-enabling oil to flow better, colors to shine brighter, roads to last longer and air to breathe cleaner.
In the end, we know it takes the right people with the right attitude to achieve the improbable. People who understand that there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. People with the ability to solve and the commitment to stay the course. People who work together to create meaningful impact and exponential results, for our customers and the world around us.
With about 1,500 employees worldwide, we operate in 13 countries and serve customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we re doing business, we do things the right way with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.