This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas Southeast, a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC., the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, is seeking a ROUTE DRIVER in our Sylacauga, AL location.
The Route Driver position will deliver products to businesses, customer homes, and other gas customers on a scheduled route or intermittently. Serve customers by meeting customer needs and resolving customer problems. Drive a straight-truck loaded with compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hardgoods for delivery to the customers on the scheduled route. In addition, this position assists with miscellaneous duties at the branch which include, but are not limited to maintaining the dock, shipping and receiving and helping on the counter as needed.
* Upload, deliver and download safely to customers hardgood orders as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to plant for refilling.
* Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
* Establish and maintain good customer relations, by communicating in person with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
* Identify and monitor customers' needs and work with them to maintain proper hardgood and cylinder levels to minimize or eliminate emergency deliveries.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
* Comply with all DOT and OSHA regulations.
* Maintain appropriate drivers' license and endorsements.
* 1 Year Driving Experience
* CDL A or B w/Hazmat and Airbrakes (please do not apply if you do not have both)
* Clean MVR / driving record
* Be able to routinely handle up to 100 lbs
* Forklift experience a plus, but not necessary
* Respond to official inquiries and make entries on reports and records.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be at least 21 years old
* Understand highway traffic signs and signals
* Basic computer experience or knowledge a plus .
* Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas USA, LLC. offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability