Route Sales-Mansfield, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Canal Fulton, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Join our Snyder of Berlin Sales team! Snyder of Berlin has been producing fresh and tasty snacks in the little farm town of Berlin, Pennsylvania for 68 years. Snyder of Berlin is a division of Pinnacle Foods which is a top 1000 Company as ranked by Fortune Magazine. Pinnacle is the leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades.
As a Route Sales Relief Representative, you will have the opportunity to promote sales of Snyder of Berlin , including potato chips, cheese snacks, popcorn and more all of which have been Satisfying Snackers for many years, as well as partner brands products by following established delivery, merchandising, and ordering procedures, and by providing exceptional customer service.
This is a full time position supporting the Mansfield, OH routes, reporting to the Canal Fulton office, filling in for vacations and other absences, maintaining and developing customer relations with all assigned or new accounts. You will be expected to promote sales through special displays and expanding shelf space, to maintain good relationships with the receivers, store managers and other personnel. You will load the delivery truck with product; drive the delivery truck in all weather conditions on pre-established routes to accounts (mostly retail); maintain the accounting of sales, making cash deposits and setting inventory; and assist in collection of past-due ledger accounts.
If you have the passion and drive to be a part of a business focused on selling and customer service, then we would like to welcome you to our Sales team!
Snyder of Berlin offers a competitive compensation & benefits package as part of the Pinnacle Foods family. Highlights include:
* Employees are paid a base pay, plus opportunity to earn incentives.
* Health & Wellness Program
* Three medical plans to choose from, as well as vision, dental, and life insurance.
* Eligible to participate in a 401K with company match.
* 3 weeks of vacation to start, Company Holidays, and more
* Prior sales or customer service experience is a plus
* Excellent communication skills, understanding how to maintain and enhance customer relationships
* Self-starter who is results oriented
* Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and dynamic environment.
* A passion for providing outstanding service.
* Valid driver s license and ability to obtain a DOT certificate
* Must be able to operate a simple hand held computer for account invoicing, entering inventory, and reconciling/settling daily sales
* Must have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication) for manual store invoicing when the hand held computer system is unavailable; must be able to place an order as well as maintain the route book and salesperson's manual
* This is a physically demanding role: must be able to load and unload trucks on a daily basis: lifting, pushing, and pulling light to moderate weight cases and bags of product. Also, requires bending, twisting, squatting, walking, reaching above shoulder level, climbing stairs.
* High School diploma or GED
We Value Veterans - Snyder of Berlin and Pinnacle Foods regard military service as valuable life experience and are committed to hiring veterans; therefore, we count military service as equivalent experience for our route sales roles.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.
About Snyder of Berlin :
The Snyder family chip business began in 1920 in the home kitchen of Edward Snyder II and his wife, Eda, in a small town in Pennsylvania, using a recipe based on a snack that Edward had seen at a hotel in upstate New York. As the popularity of their chips grew, they began to expand toward Pittsburgh. Potato buyers and farmers in the Laurel Highlands got together with the Snyder family and determined it made sense to build a self-sustaining chip factory amid their fields where the potatoes were being grown. For more information and to see the full line of Snyder of Berlin products, visit www.snyderofberlin.com.