Route Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
DS Services of America, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview of the Route Sales Representative
This position is responsible for the efficient delivery of bottled water and related products to a predetermined customer base on scheduled delivery days, and to provide exemplary customer service and promote customer base growth.
* Deliver pre-ordered products and also to upsell our popular brands/products.
* Efficiently manage customer base within established route with an average of 50+ stops per day.
* Safely operate a commercial vehicle and diligently perform all duties in a safe manner.
* Develop a relationship with and provide service and products to existing customers that insures customer retention and customer loyalty.
* Complete service calls, resolving customer problems or complaints. Respond to customer calls on company provided cell phone in a safe and timely manner.
* Use handheld system to key transactions and manage customer data.
* Manage inventory and balance daily route activities.
* Protect company assets, including collection of equipment and customer payments.
* Identify opportunities to acquire new long-term customers to support route growth.
* There will be an introductory training period.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a CDL Class B license (CDL required in some locations) with proper Department of Transportation (DOT) with company policies.
* Ability to meet ongoing federal DOT physical requirements and testing.
* Basic computer/data entry skills and math abilities.
* Sales experience strongly preferred.
* Ability to pass Company pre-employment background check, drug screening and physical ability test (PAT).
Who We AreDS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled