Route Service Sales Representative (RSSR)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/28/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONA WORLD OF OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
ROUTE SERVICE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Tyco SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* Candidate will maintain and grow a route servicing existing fire extinguisher, kitchen hood, e-light and pre-engineered and possibly engineered gas system customers.
* Inspect, service, repair and install 2 or more suppression product lines, emergency lights, fire extinguishers, pre-engineered and industrial systems according to safety requirements and manufacturers specifications.
* Make recommendations based on manufacturers specification and state/local codes.
* Identify deficiencies.
* Quote, sell, and repair on-site.
* Up-sell existing customers to new product offerings and services to meet compliance with current fire code regulations.
* Sell new accounts on the route based on the same compliance criteria.
* Meet or exceed quotas set forth by the direct supervisor.
* Call on potential customers to offer suppression products and services.
* Up-sell and cross-sell existing customers to new product offerings and services to meet compliance with current fire code regulations.
Who were looking for:
* 1-5 years of experience with service in the fire protection industry.
* Sales experience with proven record of growing business through cold calling.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* 1-5 years experience customer service.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Must have valid drivers license and have a good driving record.
* Must be able to pass a drug and background check.
* Must be able to climb and work in awkward and cramped positions, working around kitchen equipment, stairwells, fire escapes, etc.
* Must be able to lift up to 50lb and carry a distance of 50 yards.
* Positive attitude, self-motivated, strong organizational and good communication skills.
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at HTTP://WWW.TYCO.COM/CAREERS