Route Service Sales Representative - Simplex Grinnell (Norfolk, VA)
Servicing installation and sales of Restaurant and Suppression Systems, Fire Extinguishers, Emergency Light & Exit Lights & Safety Supplies
The qualified candidate will install and maintain kitchen hood suppression systems, which includes installation, repairs and maintenance. Additional duties will include servicing fire extinguishers,e-lights and pre-engineered/engineered gas system customers. Up-selling of products and services to existing customers and sales to new customers is required to ensure customers are in compliance with current fire codes. Must complete all necessary paperwork as needed and meet obligations as set forth by the manager and all company policies as set forth by dept, district, Tyco SimplexGrinnell, and corporate. Expected to perform all other duties as set forth by the Suppression Manager.
* One year experience in servicing and sales of Fire Extinguishers, Direct sales experience is a plus.
* Positive attitude, self-motivated, strong organizational and good communication skills.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., work overhead and work varied hours.
* Have the ability to work with their hands and possess mechanical skills.
* Have the ability to manage a route, service existing and new customers, fire protection equipment and work flexible hours.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have PC knowledge and a good understanding of building codes and regulations.
* Be able to obtain and retain a security license if necessary and other appropriate certifications and/or licenses.
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening.