Routine Facilitator I - Production Control - GER01885
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Fort Smith, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
In this role, the Production Control Facilitator will assist the steel mill's Production Control Manager in the production planning functions and processing of customers orders. This role ensures accuracy in addressing orders, scheduling production and communication to avoid excessive cost to the company. In addition, the Production Control Facilitator has responsibility for the supervision and training of the production control staff.
This role coordinates the work and materials within the steel mill according to the volume of open orders. Duties include creating and distributing execution level production and shipment schedules; conferring with inside sales and mill production to determine progress of work and completion dates; and resolving issues on work progress, inventory levels, and production problems with major emphasis on excellence in material availability and delivery reliability. These supply plans/productions schedules optimize fulfillment performance to exceed customer expectations for material readiness and delivery timeliness. Duties & Responsibilities
The duties of this position require considerable judgment to work independently toward results, making decision guided by precedent and company policy. Frequent communication with our general office, production, metallurgy, finishing, accounting as well as customers and outside processors is essential for job performance.
* Prepare the production schedules for producing units based on customer orders;
* Direct production control staff in establishing work load priorities;
* Monitor daily progress of scheduled production and address planning issues;
* Resolve projected supply/demand imbalances;
* Define production volumes to meet customer demands and production requirements;
* Work closely with the Inside/Outside Sales and S&OP teams to meet customer demands while balancing it with the production and inventory objectives;
* Control mill inventories and work with appropriate Inside Sales, S&OP and mill personnel to ensure optimum inventory levels to meet customer needs;
* Assist the shipping department to ensure on-time delivery;
* Track production performance and establish daily production goals.
* Demonstrated understanding of the principles of production planning/supply chain management through a formal 4 year degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline;
* A minimum of 2 years of operations, production planning and/or supply chain management experience is required;
* Proven business contribution (operations and/or significant benefit from transportation reflected by key business measurements);
* Experience managing professional resources;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, translated into sound, tactical and strategic business understanding;
* Knowledge of steel mill and finishing fabricating operations and procedures preferred;
* Competence in using a variety of ERP (e.g. SAP) and/or APS (e.g. I2) applications;
* Intermediate skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, characterized as comfort with worksheet manipulation;
* Ability to interpret quantitative data and communicate results clearly and concisely;
* Active membership in a relevant professional association (e.g. APICS) and/or supply chain related professional development certification is an added advantage.
Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.