This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
EBSCO Information Services
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The responsibility of the Royalty Coordinator is to handle all aspects of onboarding new vendors for royalty payment as well as the daily workflow of vendor maintenance. In addition this role is responsible for royalty validation, reporting, and payment for an assigned group of vendors; ensuring that royalties are processed in a timely and accurate manner and according to established guidelines.
* Understands EBSCO s processes and guidelines for royalty processing
* Review sales orders and calculate royalties due for all business lines
* Collaborate with internal departments to resolve data and royalty errors
* Coordinate monthly and quarterly payment and reporting process
* Maintain payment and reporting history in business systems
* Create new vendor accounts and complete vendor maintenance requests
* Research and Respond to royalty inquiries from publishers
* Create and maintain pricing on the Licensed Secondary Database Price Grid
* Maintain positive and professional relationships with publishers
* Understands and assists with goals of technology initiatives to improve royalty processing and internal workflows and systems
* Follows all established guidelines and procedures
* Meets established monthly and quarterly objectives
* Assist with department projects as assigned
30 Day Objectives:
* Become knowledgeable of the royalty processes and systems used for sales of Licensed Database subscriptions. These include: FoxOps, LSD Royalties Database, LSD Price Grid, SAP.
* Become knowledgeable of the Vendor onboarding process including required IRS paperwork and use of the Vendor Maintenance Database.
90 Day Objectives:
* Become proficient in handling the royalty processing for an assigned group of Licensed Secondary Database products including validation, reporting and payments.
* Become proficient at the on-boarding of new royalty vendors as well as handling vendor maintenance using the Vendor Maintenance database.
180 Day Objectives:
In addition to the above manage weekly updates and distribution of the LSD Price Grid, handle ad hoc reporting as needed and other department projects as needed.
* Time management and planning: plans tasks to meet or exceed contractual obligations
* Analytical skills: able to apply complex and varied rules to royalty calculations with accuracy
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* Bachelor s Degree or 4+ years of professional experience
* 2+ years experience using Microsoft Access and Excel
* Problem Solving, organization and time management skills
* Attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Positive attitude and team player
* Strong analytical abilities
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO s Talent Acquisition Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.