Ruby On Rails Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
9 - 5
Are you an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving business problems with code* Read on. Our team is using cutting-edge technologies to build innovative cloud-based solutions. Your work with our client, the Federal Government, will have nationwide civic and social impact.
To start, we re looking for someone who can grow and advance our testing automation framework. It s a great learning opportunity for a talented developer or an expert s opportunity to execute. Once the framework is in flight, you d shift focus to product delivery.
Bonus points if you ve worked on a team where engineers wrote functional tests or if you love open source software. (Double points if you wrote or maintain a Ruby gem.)
* Backend: Ruby on Rails
* Datastores: Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis
* Frontend: jQuery, Slim, HTML5, SASS, Bourbon, Neat, Refill, US Web Design Standards (USWDS), ES6
* Platform: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Skills & Requirements
* 5+ years experience in Ruby/Rails development is preferred
* Strong knowledge of Ruby/Rails
* Strong understanding of programming principles (OOP, REST, MVC, etc)
* Ability to write clean, readable, code
* Experience and interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
* Experience with one or more of the following: Postgresql, Elasticsearch, Redis
* Experience with Agile software development
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or related field
The applicant must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.
Telesis maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the company s operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Telesis hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, and any other legally protected status