Ruby on Rails Web Application Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3663
Title: Ruby on Rails Web Application Developer
Date Posted: 09/13/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
Odyssey Systems provides assessment of chemical and biological threats and defensive systems. Odyssey is in need of a web application for database generation of laboratory test data for statistical analysis. This position is for a Ruby on Rails Web Application Developer to develop the code for the application.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Candidate will develop a Ruby on Rails web application. Project will involve database design and development of models, views, and controllers (MVC), interfacing with external data sources, and implementing appropriate standard web security practices.
* The candidate must have a B.S. in Computer Science plus 1 year minimum experience, Associates Degree plus 2 years minimum experience, or Technical School Certificate plus 3 years minimum experience.
* Developing, debugging, and executing software in a Windows environment
* Database development
* Software validation
* Ruby on Rails
* MVC development
* Unix administration
* Apache server
* MS Office applications
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
Experience with the following technology;
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Infrequent, approximately once per year for a period of 3-7 days.
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability