SACM Process Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The SACM Process Manager works with the Service Asset and Configuration Analyst, Change Manager, Facilities Management and IT leads as well as management to ensure day to day operations is in compliance with documented Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) processes and policies. The Service Asset and Configuration Manager accountable for SACM strategy with in the Veritas IT organization The Service Asset and Configuration Manager accountable for every aspect of the Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) process including but not limited too: SACM data analysis, auditing, quality reviews and data entry into the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Electronic discovery, monitoring, coordinating and reporting assessment of RFC (Request for Change) lifecycle to the Change Manager in support of Change Management process.
* Defining Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) guidelines and operating procedures to improve the quality of data (standards).
* Review and monitor CMDB changes and updates from RFC (Request for Change).
* Analyze configuration item data, configuration item relationships, identify data inconsistencies or anomalies, and report on data discrepancies and work with the data owner to correct discrepancies.
* Oversee / Conduct physical inventories and audits of Assets and configuration Items.
* Lead Service Decomposition (Service Portfolio Management) activities.
* Align and maintain service catalog based on Service Decomposition activities.
* Reconcile configuration items from other trusted data sources into the CMDB
Document receipt, identification, storage and withdrawal of all configuration items in the CMDB. * Define job scheduling, data analysis and CMDB data synchronization of ServiceNow Discovery tool.
* Define / develop scheduled and ad-hoc reports in support of Asset, configuration and Change Management processes through Reporting in ServiceNow or other reporting tools.
* Audit reports and verify that the results being reported are correct.
* Assist in support of Change Management and Service Asset and Configuration Management processes.
* Review RFC (Request for Change) submitted for quality; ensure record accuracy and completeness.
* Define / conduct in configuration audits and communicate audit recommendations to SACM Process Manager.
* Update changes according to CAB meetings and close out records, as needed using the service management tool.
* Monitor change records during and post-implementation to ensure updates to the CMDB are completed appropriately and timely per Configuration Management and Asset Management Policy.
* Define / Drive monitoring and assessing process metrics, KPIs, and process improvements.
* Enforce configuration management policies and procedures. Responds to questions related to configuration management policies and procedures. Performs configuration verification audits.
* Conducts and reports on impact assessments for planned configuration changes on hardware and software.
* Maintains integrity and traceability of the configuration throughout its life cycle, by implementing library control, product builds, tools setup and maintenance.
* 8+ years of IT experience in an enterprise/cross-platform environment
* 5+ years experience in Asset Management and Configuration Management
* 3+ years experience with ServiceNow
* 2+ years experience with electronic discovery technology
* ITIL Foundations v3 Certification
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
* Experience using Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
* Ability to organize and multitask
* 5-7 years of IT experience in an enterprise/cross-platform environment
BS/BA in IT related field * Experience gathering data, compiling information and preparing statistical and trend analysis reports
* Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
* Experience in other IT service management processes such as Event Management, Incident and Problem Management
* Experience with process modeling, process architecture
* ServiceNow administration is a plus
* ServiceNow Discovery is a plus
* CAMP certification (Certified Asset Management Professional) is a plus
* Database skills such as SQL query language or database reporting tools
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.