SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOlsten Staffing Services is currently recruiting for a Safety/Compliance Specialist for a company located in the Timmonsville, SC area. If you meet the required qualifications listed below, please apply!
Start of Day:
• Check emails.
• Read morning report and follow up on any safety items.
• Review Corrective Actions Log and Update.
• Conduct accident and injury investigations, insurance filings, coordinate/communicate repairs with Director of Maintenance.
• Complete required DOT and OSHA forms for accidents and incidents.
• Ensure post-accident testing has been completed properly and documented.
• Create and manage accident and injury files.
• Evaluate and process applications and background checks
• Special Projects.
• Update Safety metrics presentation for Monday morning Management Meeting.
• Report and follow up on random testing targets.
• Monitor Corrective Actions Log, communicate deficiencies to management.
• Audit new hire DQ files for compliance and ensure compliance before driver begins working.
• Verify driver physicals and CDL expirations have been completed on-time, report findings to manager.
• Update driver profiles with driver expirations.
• Verify work orders for any maintenance related violations are in roadside inspection book with inspection reports. (Scan copy to maintenance when received.)
• Update Safety KPI and report to manager:
o Log Violations
o Accidents and Incidents
o Corrective Actions
o Driver Expirations
o CSA Ratings
• Identify gaps in compliance, communicate plan for compliance, and areas of concern to management.
• Complete and file IRP, 2290, and IFTA permits when expiring.
• Develop, coordinate, and lead training programs and presentations for safety and compliance.
• Complete registration forms and filings for new truck and trailer purchases and leases.
• Complete Annual V&R as necessary for compliance, coordinating with operations and management.
• Coordinate random testing participants, updates, and quarterly random targets with provider, and communicate to Operations and Management team to ensure compliance.
• Run monthly report on expiring medical qualifications and CDL expirations, communicat4e to dispatchers, track and follow up to ensure compliance.
• Report KYU tax filings to Accounts Payable each quarter.
• Audit CSA Roadside Inspections to file, Data Q discrepancies, research missing and ensure compliance.
• Follow up with Maintenance on PM and Annual Inspection compliance, report findings to management.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled