This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
The basic function of the Safety Trainee is to learn to support and augment a successful Operations Department with a variety of work activities, with the goal of becoming qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicles with a hazardous materials endorsement and to become familiar with the business. Common tasks include working on receiving, inspecting, maintaining, shelving and pulling of company equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Safety Trainee is capable (with supervision) of performing some safety functions and is also responsible for the following:
* Rig up safety equipment.
* Learn how to safely operate a commercial vehicle and to obtain a CDL license [w/o a hazardous materials endorsement]
* Receive or assist in receiving equipment in from the field.
* Inspect equipment for damage/worn parts.
* If damage or badly worn parts are identified, set item aside for repair, part replacement, or other corrective action consistent with the company's standard procedure or supervisor's instruction.
* Breakdown equipment, work-lines stripped.
* Completely clean equipment and reassemble.
* Shop test equipment on Posicheck.
* Run pressure washer, clean and roll hoses.
* Sweep and clean shop.
* Help and support the work needs of coworkers and other employees.
* Ability to lift between 50 lbs.
* Perform other duties as requested by the Area Manager.
* 24- hour on-call as scheduled and when on-call must be able to report to work within 45 minutes
* Overnight travel required which includes travel/driving long distance; may require being out of town for extended periods of up to 60 days.
Education and/or Experience:
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Must have a valid driver's license with good driving record
* CDL with Hazardous endorsement is required within 6 months of hire; including successful completion of all DOT requirements which includes a DOT physical, drug test and background check in order for be considered for continued employment
Skills and Abilities:
* Good with mechanical applications for assembly/disassembly.
* Ability to climb heights.
* Ability to enter into confined spaces.
* Ability to instruct others.
* Use of hands, arms, eyes and voice and to meet all CDL medical qualification standards.
* Ability to hear in the case of an alarm situation.
* Requires mechanical aptitude.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT which will be required and/or available for further development:
* Airgas On-Site Safety Orientation
* Basic Plant Operations
* Basic Haz Whopper
* Basic Confined Space Entry
* Standard CPR/First Aid
* Basic Fire Training
* H2S Training
* Work Permit systems
* Accident/Incident reporting
* Fall Protection
* Ladder Safety
* Hazard Identification
* Hazardous Material 126/181
* Basic operation and maintenance of breathing air compressors
Breathing Apparatus (SCBA/SABA)
* Breathing Apparatus Maintenance and Cleaning
* Breathing Apparatus Fit Testing
* Breathing Apparatus Selection
* Breathing Apparatus Use and Manufacturer's Specifications
* Scott Field Level Maintenance training
Personal Protection Equipment (NFPA Level B, C & D)
* SCBA/SABA, Air Purifying Respirators
* Hooded chemical - Resistant Slash Suit
* Gloves - Chemical -Resistant
* Hard Hats
* Nomax Coveralls
* Goggles (Chemical - Splash)
* Safety Glasses
* Gloves Leather Palm
Detection Equipment (Operation and Troubleshooting)
* Personal Electronic
* Portable Electronic
* Fixed Electronic
* Tube Type
* Calibration of monitors, fixed and portable
Reports and Forms Used/Required
* Service orders
* 24 Hour reports
* Rig up sheets
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Shop and yard environment; may be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration; works in customer environments; high pressure, chemicals, shop traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate but can require hearing protection.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: See attached Physical and Mental Requirements for the position.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
See Job Description