SAN Infrastructure Engineer (NetApp)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
NextGear Capital, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a SAN Infrastructure Engineer with NetApp experience to join our Infrastructure team in Carmel, Indiana.
The SAN Infrastructure Engineer will provide both technology and operational expertise. This will include developing, maintaining, and monitoring a consistent, flexible and reliable enterprise environment.
* Design, implement and manage NetApp storage, backup, recovery, and data management solutions
* Troubleshoot NetApp storage arrays and SAN infrastructures as needed
* Strong knowledge and experience on a broad range of infrastructure technologies such as Windows or Linux Server platforms, Windows Desktop platforms, Web Servers (IIS or Apache), Directory Services, High Availability configurations, Virtualization (VMWare and/or HyperV) and Collaboration tools
* Experience managing authentication and access using Active Directory and LDAP, including GPO management and security
* Extensive experience designing, implementing and supporting Windows in enterprise-level organizations
* Troubleshooting and resolving Windows server-related issues
* Experience with monitoring technologies to collect and analyzes performance
* Advanced troubleshooting experience covering Windows OS kernel (2008 R2, 2012, and 2012 R2)
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, as well as upgrade administrative tools and utilities (SCCM)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server system including troubleshooting and architecture as well as a conceptual knowledge of SMTP
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Systems Center (SCOM) and SolarWinds for monitoring
* Hands-on experience with PowerShell for scripting
* Experience with enterprise storage and maintenance
* Application and middleware performance troubleshooting, as well as optimization of technical architecture
* Working knowledge of Cisco UCS server hardware, f5 load balancers, and NetApp storage arrays
* Working knowledge of IP Telephony systems
* Experience with monitoring and managing Microsoft Remote Desktop or Citrix environment
* Hands-on experience with complex server deployments that involve Enterprise Storage connectivity
* Maintain DR consistency within IT and ensure adherence to corporate DR plans
* Working knowledge of Enterprise IP Networking
* Passionate for improving foundational skills
* Demonstrated ability to provide detailed communication to management and peers, the ability to work independently, and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
* Balance independent problem solving with proactive, organized requests for support from team members with different experience
* Experience developing, implementing and communicating security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures
* Strong communication and negotiation skills
* Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience designing and installing NetApp storage environments
* Experience with NetApp products and technologies, including Clustered Data ONTAP, and NetApp OnCommand Management Software
* Experience configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining NetApp SnapMirror replication
* Experience with SnapManager software for data management of enterprise applications
* Knowledge of block-based protocols (FC and FCOE) and file-based protocols (CIFS and NFS)
* Experience with SAN fabric solutions from Cisco
* Knowledge of VMware best practice methodologies
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of the latest storage technology trends and management tools
* VMware administration experience
* Cisco UCS
* VMware SRM (Site Recovery Manager) configuration/administration
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-IN-Carmel-11799 N College Ave
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time