SAN Storage Engineer (XW)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160405-7124-RLB
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer
Principal Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
* Installation and configuration of storage hardware and software. This includes firmware and driver updates of all hardware components including HBA's, Switches, SAN/NAS units, multi-pathing software, and other specific point products related to storage.
* Server connectivity to the storage infrastructure. This includes the physical connectivity of the servers to SAN and/or NAS storage offering. Requires configuration of server Host Bus Adapters (HBA's), switch zoning, storage LUN creation, and front to backend testing.
* Coordination of all storage related activities between Xactware business units, IT/Infrastructure Systems, and the hardware vendor(s) for new/existing projects. Manage storage changes to the Development, Test, Staging, and Production environments, application/server change management functions, and daily production status reporting.
* Knowledge of various vendor s (EMC, HDS, NetApp etc.) storage platform technologies (SAN/NAS) including architecture, operational procedures related to management and monitoring of various storage software and hardware components.
* Participate in planning activities for the growth of the storage environment and new emerging technologies.
* Prepare monthly storage capacity/utilization reports, vendor performance based on SLA, resource utilization, action plans, project plans, problem management/outage reports, and other documentation as required.
* Create/update/maintain all storage related documentation and diagrams of the storage hardware infrastructure. This will include operational run books, detailed server/switch/LUN topology.
* Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
* Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
As a Storage Engineer with Enterprise backup experience, this position is responsible for the administration, maintenance, and performance of the Xactware SAN and NAS storage and backup environment. This entails configuration and allocation of storage to servers, troubleshooting, problem reporting and remedial coordination with the hardware vendors, change management coordination, and site performance analysis and reporting.
Will Interface with Server and Database administrators to design, build, and operate storage solutions and processes with other Xactware subject matter experts.
* Minimum 3-5 years' experience working in a vendor/customer service storage environment
* Minimum 3-5 years experience working with Storage hardware and SW technologies
* Advanced switch zoning and configuration of Brocade products
* Strong Knowledge of multiple backup and recovery technologies (Cloning, Snapshots, replication)
* Working knowledge of operating systems
* Working knowledge of disk subsystems
* Working knowledge of multiple disk/ switch vendors
* Working knowledge of multi-pathing software
* Advanced performance analysis of disk subsystems
* Understanding components of SAN attached storage to include device drivers, microcode levels, fiber channel adapters.
* Work with different hardware and software vendors to determine solutions
* Good understanding of data center operations, SLA management, and Change Management
* Good understanding of Networking in TCP/IP WAN environment is a plus
* Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems and speak fluently to management regarding solutions and options for problem resolution.
* Ability to work closely with a variety of customers including; Infrastructure technical resources, Application technical resources, end users, and vendor sales/infrastructure professionals.
* Bachelor s degree.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.