SAP ABAP HCM Programmer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Little Rock, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE DESCRIPTION:
* Code enhancement and development programs and/or required fixes to production problems using the functional and technical programming standards.
* Test enhancement and development programs.
* Participate in structured code reviews / walkthroughs.
* Execute all required process steps.
* Create and provide content for operational documentation to Technical Writers.
* Utilize configuration management tools, design tools, debugging tools, and any other environment specific tools necessary to create, test, and implement an application.
* Research problems before approaching the Team Lead or Functional Architect for assistance.
* Functional knowledge of HCM (Human Capital Management)
* Follow quality standards.
* Support installation of application releases into production as directed.
* Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Complete assigned tasks.
* Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
* Analyze and design enhancements, development programs, and/or required fixes to production problems.
* Design applications to functional and technical programming standards.
* Work with Functional Architects to gather and interpret user requirements into design specifications.
* Develop system specifications and interfaces.
* Determine time estimates and schedule for work.
* Moderate functional and process knowledge.
* Assist in managing and directing Application Team processes.
* Coordinate work with other software developers on Application Teams.
* Assist Team Lead or Test Team Lead in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks
* Develop application designs in support of the systems specifications and interfaces, perhaps in conjunction with application or technical architects.
* Operating System expertise sufficient to perform performance and tuning diagnostics.
* Work with users to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
* Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision of Team Lead.
* Generally aware of new developments in industry and process and has ability to apply them to work as appropriate.
* Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the team.
* Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Identify and track issues, risks and action items.
* Plus the following:
* Plan all required process steps.
* Review and understand the Application Team's workplan.
* Provide status of work to Team Lead.
* Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Application Team. Develop contingency plans as necessary.
* Engage in ongoing process improvement.
* Detailed functional and process knowledge.
* Utilize deep modeling, design and coding skills.
* Provide expertise in one or more database environments.