SAP BASIS Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bemis Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Posted Date
IT BASIS & DBA Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
The SAP BASIS Administrator role is to provide BASIS support for Bemis SAP systems. This is the senior level of professionalism for a BASIS administrator.
* Responsible for BASIS administration of the SAP systems
* Provides technical guidance for the BASIS team
* Assists management with the development of plans & procedures for SAP system administration
* Completes BASIS administration for Production, QA, Training, Sandbox & Development environments
* Performs SAP system administrative tasks such as apply SAP notes, support packs, & upgrades
* Troubleshoot problems within SAP modules as required
* Performs SAP user administration and authorization tasks
* Performs job scheduling and job monitoring in SAP systems
* Maintains the SAP Transport System to ensure all objects are promoted properly
* Configures and manages the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances
* Report SAP software problems on SAP Service Marketplace & work with SAP to resolve problems
* Provides proactive monitoring, trouble shooting & tuning of SAP systems & act as a focal point for support issues & related projects
* Provides life cycle for development through production support for security, troubleshooting security, system monitoring/uptime, & tuning
* Performs all other duties assigned
* This position requires rotating on-call support and some off hours work supporting global SAP installation
* Bachelors degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* A minimum 7 years experience in SAP BASIS administration in a 24/7 environment
* Experience supporting systems within a manufacturing environment would be a plus
* Ensures that the SAP environments are stable and perform optimally
* Completes projects in a timely, professional & technically proficient manner, using Bemis project management & change management practices
* Provides quality customer service to Bemis IT customers
* Keeps current with technology advancement through self-directed training
* Analyzes, solves & debugs complex technical problems with minimum supervision
* Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Promotes and implement SAP technology opportunities that enhance the Bemis user experience through higher efficiency, availability or usability
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer