SAP Business Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Albany International
Albany International Corp. is a global manufacturer of advanced materials for the Paper Industry as well as a supplier to the Aerospace, Construction and Consumer sectors. With our 110 year history of leadership in innovation and manufacturing, Albany International has grown to be the world's largest manufacturer of consumable Paper Machine Clothing used in the manufacture of paper. Join us as we grow and invest in new businesses and continue our focus on providing unparalleled value to our Papermaking customers.
About Global Information Services (GIS)
Global Information Services is the team within Albany chartered with providing leading-edge systems and technologies to internal users as well as Albany customers. GIS provides services ranging from Information Systems Strategy to infrastructure development and maintenance, with a unique and intense focus on customer service.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual to develop IT skills while contributing significantly to establishing robust, scalable business processes in a rapidly growing business.
Support end users with applications including SAP ECC ERP, SAP MII, and Microsoft SharePoint/Power BI
* Escalation point for Helpdesk and first-level troubleshooting of Business Systems Applications
* Provides basic support of SAP ECC 6.x configuration and structures which will entail fundamental business requirements analysis, system configuration, testing, training and documentation.
* Coordinate and execute functional testing of applications
* Analyze business processes, gather requirements and generate functional specifications
* Assist with design, modification and implementation of new and existing business systems applications
* Driving optimization of SAP configuration to streamline business processes
* Assist with development of workflows, forms and reports required for business processes
* Develop test scripts in order to test a group of related functionality.
* Work with peers in GIS to resolve production support issues while managing expectations with our user base.
* Willingness to work hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution time periods
* Other Duties as Required
Formal Education & Certification
University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering or a related subject, or equivalent work related experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* The ideal candidate must have 2+ years of hands-on SAP process design and configuration experience in the MM and PP modules, including ECC 6.0. (Working knowledge of WM, QM, PM or MII a plus.)
* Experience managing small to medium projects through to completion.
* Multiple full SAP project life cycles following the ASAP methodology preferred.
* Experience developing or supporting Relational Database, Transactional and Web-Based Systems preferred.
* Microsoft Office proficient (Excel, PowerPoint and Visio skills required).
* Experience with other business tools, Microsoft Access, SharePoint, InfoPath, etc., a plus.
* Excellent organizational and project management/prioritization skills.
* Participation in strategic business initiatives to deliver new system functionality
* Practical knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodology, considered a plus.
* Ability to prepare and or make presentations is required.
* Self-starter, strong problem solving.
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Ability to drive business process change
* Positive, customer service oriented skills and behavior.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
* Follow all publicized safety policies/procedures applicable to the job
* Attend and participate in all safety training, safety meetings, audits and Behavior Based Safety programs assigned
* Report all safety hazards observed. If capable, correct the safety hazard identified.
* US Citizen or Green Card holders only.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled