SAP FI/CO Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
Veeco s process equipment solutions enable the manufacture of LEDs, flexible OLED displays, power electronics, hard drives, MEMS and wireless chips. We are the market leader in MOCVD, MBE, IonBeam and other advanced thin film process technologies. Our high performance systems drive innovation in energy efficiency, consumer electronics and network storage and allow our customers to maximize productivity and achieve lower cost of ownership.
SAP FICO Functional Configuration Analyst will provide expertise in all aspects of SAP s FICO modules along with integration points with BPC, MM, PP, SD and SM. This role is dedicated to supporting the sales and distribution needs for a global and dynamic finance and costing environment. This role works hand-in-hand with both the Finance team to ensure that all FI needs of the Finance department are met by analyzing business needs, creating specification documents, and coordinating with consultants and other IT personnel on new development/implementation projects. In addition, this role is responsible for managing and executing the day-to-day SAP support activities for the Finance department.
* Work closely with Finance personnel to understand business needs and translate those needs to SAP or IT design specifications.
* Determine project scope and requirements, assist in developing implementation and roll out plans.
* Execute projects in a semi-autonomous mode if required.
* Extensive coordination with Business Users in delivering and supporting SAP solutions.
* Guide the business in utilizing SAP functionality to the best extent possible, and review of business processes and system integration challenges.
* Maintain and improve configuration to support global efficiency across multiple Veeco sites. This is to include collaborative design across multiple sites with different user access control.
* Prepare detailed functional specifications for development activities including reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms.
* Coordinate with SAP development consultants and other IT personnel to develop, test and implement new functionality.
* Create documentation for order entry on how to effectively use SAP functions, including functions in SAP Finance, production order settlement, service order settlement
* Collaborate with other areas of SAP integration: BPC, SD, SM, MM, PP, QM, HR
* Create custom reports for sales and distribution metrics (including reports such as bookings/billings, etc.)
* Manage and support mass migration and updating of SAP
* Train end users on new enhancements or functionality as required and maintain/update user manuals and documentation
* Assist with troubleshooting any SAP issues encountered by order entry/sales. Either resolve the issues identified by self or coordinate with other IT personnel or SAP consultants to get problems corrected.
* Perform minor coding within SAP to modify existing or add new functionality to support changes in engineering processes as required and warranted.
* Responsible for the execution of the detailed design and configuration of the company s business processes with the system
* Design architecture based on process requirements, application and system landscape
* Design and develop customized reports utilizing technical resources and other tools within SAP
* Configure and support integration with third party SAP systems and software
* Review business processes and corresponding mapping into IT architecture
* Coordinate with order entry departments at other Veeco locations to ensure sufficient congruency between Veeco locations.
* Complete all maintenance, upgrade and implementation tasks related to the core SAP applications.
* Participate in the ongoing SAP implementation project and other cross functional projects
as directed * Fully documents all procedures and policies associated with SAP programming and system analysis
* Communicate with business areas as needed
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting, Finance
* Minimum 8 years experience working on FICO implementations/configurations
* Demonstrated ability to write functional specs
* Previous experience providing guidance to the business on SAP FICO functionality
* Familiar with Product Costing using Variant Configurator, or SAP Projects is required
* Must have experience in cross-module, full cycle implementations from legacy platforms to SAP and/or acquisition integration experience relative to Finance and Controlling modules
* Experience in Business Warehouse (BW) on NetWeaver highly desired
* Experience interfacing SAP FI/CO with SaaS based cloud programs (Travel/Entertainment or others) is desired
* Experience Interfacing with SD, SM, MM, PP, QM, HR
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.