SAP Functional Business Information Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description (Role Profile)
We are looking for BI Analyst with knowledge on SAP SD and have worked with enterprise reporting tool.
About the job:
* Member of the business information team within Information Technology group.
* Work directly with finance and sales business users to understand their day-to-day reporting needs to support, enhance and provide technical and business solutions to improve the quality of their reports.
* Work closely with SAP SD, FICO resource to understand the business process and analyze all the issues in the reporting. Work with SAP ABAP resource to make sure that the right logic is implemented in the SAP program.
* Involve in all reporting projects, from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and moving to production.
* Address all reporting issues, from requirements gathering, fixes, implementation, user testing and approval.
* Work with senior management to understand business reporting requirements and have excellent communication skills to be able to bridge the gap between the business, IT and the Asia IT team.
* Responsible to assist with the training in using Cognos application as reporting tool for new finance and functional business users.
* Write technical specifications, do the risk analysis based on high level functional requirements from various departments.
* Review all the changes made by the team and make sure that it adheres audit policy
* Apply experience working with business intelligence (BI) tools and all aspects of enterprise-level information management. Must have solid skills in oral / written communication.
* Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction; create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow; maintain and update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, and methods (e.g., Cognos/TM1)
* Create and maintain the EDW/BI Roadmap, present it to stakeholders and analyze the related technical initiatives and projects to achieve roadmap milestones
* Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support action recommendations
* Execute Quality Assurance phases, and modify data management methodologies as necessary, and establish and maintain a company data governance process
* Ensure that BI processes are consistent with a standards-based framework, methodology, analytical models and application systems development
* Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business data for review by senior management, clients, and other stakeholders
* Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users, and cross train / mentor internal teams in best practices for Cognos / TM1 BI and EDW design and techniques
* Execute implementation plans, schedule user training and change management using related SDLC activities for BI (i.e., plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement).
* Apply strong knowledge of business process designing, configuration, documentation, testing, training and support for the implementation of end to end business processes.
* Interface with business process owners to analyze and document business requirements and work flows.
* Evaluate business rules around various product offerings and provide consultation for simplified solutions. Strong functional skill and ability to prepare functional specification documents.
* Follow consistently Market best practice modeling techniques on management reporting
Required Skills & Experience:
* 5+ years experience working as a BI Analyst with SAP SD knowledge
* Knowledge in any database and any reporting tool
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools , Media Composer , ISIS , Interplay , and Sibelius . Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar statuettes, a Grammy , and 14 Emmys .
Avid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.