SAP MM/PP Functional Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
Veeco Instruments delivers leading process equipment solutions that drive tomorrow s technology breakthroughs today. We help our customers manufacturers of high-brightness LEDs, solar panels, hard disk drives, semiconductor chips, wireless devices and more to make a more productive, cleaner and sustainable environment, and enable discoveries and products that will change our lives. Veeco is a dynamic, innovative and high-growth company recognized as the best in the markets we serve.
The SAP MM/ PP Functional specialist will provide expertise in all aspects of SAP s Materials Management, Production Planning Modules along with integration points with FI, CO, SD, SM, BOBJ, and BW including support in Basis, and ABAP. This role is dedicated to supporting the Engineering, and Operations functions needs in a global and dynamic Design, Development, and Manufacturing environment Improving our productivity, and implementing SAP solutions that will help Veeco grow organically as well as through acquisition. This role works hand-in-hand with its functional customers to ensure that all their MM and PP needs are met by analyzing business needs, creating specification documents, and coordinating with consultants and other IT personnel on new development/implementation projects. In addition, this role is responsible for managing and executing the day-to-day SAP support activities through the help desk system primarily for the Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations and Supply Chain functions.
* The specialist in Materials Management (MM) and Production Planning (PP) will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of these functions in Veeco s global ERP footprint - SAP ECC 6.0
* The functional expert will be well versed with processes in Procurement, Inventory Management, and Engineering Bills of Materials in a discrete manufacturing environment
* The functional expert will be expected to lead the implementation of Ariba/ Like SAAS based software for improved Supplier management
* The functional expert will also be expected to provide leadership to the SAP - SCM Advance Planning and Optimization (APO) function and drive its configuration, adoption.
* The individual will be expected to respond to Help Desk requests by reviewing and resolving assigned tickets based on priority in a reasonable time and to provide a high level of customer service
* The individual will provide guidance on strategy relative to the MM/PP modules, e.g., what tools/business processes can be implemented at Veeco in order to improve our efficiency/productivity and ensure that IT supports the growth of the business*
* The individual will also guide the organization on which help deskproject requests are in the best interest of Veeco to implement and how best they should be implemented across the enterprise
* The individual will also be the technical lead/functional project manager for company-wide projects, especially in MM/PP. As such, they should be capable of collecting, understanding and translating documents/requirements and leading cross-functional efforts in a structured manner to complete projects on time and on budget
* The individual will assist with planning and executing SAP version, Kernel, support pack and enhancement pack upgrades
* The individual will interact with outsource partners, ABAP writers and SAP itself for issue escalation/resolution
* The individual will have a clear understanding of material master data management - the homogeneity of master data, its impact on our business and on master data management policy
* The functional specialist will configure and implement plants to support the corporate strategy of growth by acquisition
* The individual will have subject matter expertise, develop training materials and deliver training on the use of functionality in the MM and PP areas
* Work location can be either Plainview, NY (preferred) or Somerset, NJ
* Travel to multiple Veeco sites as needed
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a related field is required
* Must have 10+ years direct hands on MM and PP configuration experience with a minimum of 5+ years experience with a discrete manufacturing company
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Functional experience with other SAP Modules - SD, FI, BOBJ is required
* Ability to debug ABAP programs , create Queries and LSWM s, and experience with VERTEX highly desired
* Able to deal with various business users at multiple sites while maintaining a standard methodology
* Experience with implementing Ariba or similar SAAS based program for supplier management/ Procure to pay/ Contracts/ Performance management is highly desired
* Experience with implementing/ managing SAP APO functionality is also highly desired
* Sense of urgency, being a team player, and commitment to customer satisfaction are required
* The person should be able to lead discussions and make decisions after carefully considering the interests and voice of customers/stakeholders
* The individual should be able to resolve conflicts and convince others why certain directions are most beneficial to the overall growth and scalability of Veeco
* Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, operate effectively multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment is expected
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.