SATCOM Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Fort Belvoir, VA
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance required.
Plan and monitor the design, development, production and installation of satellite communications (SATCOM) equipment and its associated testing. Plan, schedule and coordinate the directorate's engineering work and projects. Be the focal point of contact to coordinate engineering activities related to Wideband Control subsystems to meet customer requirements and expectations. Participate in development of Performance Work Statements (PWS) and Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans (QASP). Support aspects of government SATCOM duties in a variety of environments to include, technical assessments, technical requirements analysis, design review and system integration activities. Must be capable of system conceptualization, system level requirements definition, system test and evaluation requirements, system troubleshooting and overall DoD SATCOM architecture. Prepare charts/documents and attend periodic meetings. Identify directorate and project engineering requirements and make suggestions regarding technical direction. Provide engineering support to multiple project management teams.
* Ability to obtain and maintain US Secret security clearance required.
* Bachelor's Degree required'; Master's Degree preferred.
* Minimum 10 years of experience required.
* Knowledge of the DSCS and WGS satellite constellations is required.
* Shall have multiple years of progressively complex experience in the
design, integration, and analysis of military electronics, computer
networking, super-minicomputers, microcomputers, and digital and
graphic display systems.
AASKI provides an excellent package of comprehensive benefits for full-time employees beginning the first day of employment.
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
* 10 Paid Holidays; 3 weeks Paid Time Off.
* 401k Retirement Plan with employer match.
* Life Insurance and AD&D; Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance and AD&D.
* Long and Short Term Disability.
* Flexible Spending Account.
* Discounted Legal Service, Income Protection, Discounted Home & Auto.
Experience working in a CMMI Level 3 project/business environment a plus for all open positions. US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Security clearance required. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability. All employees of the Company are employed At Will. This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability.