SBA Loan Servicing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Synovus Financial Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOriginal Posting date:
SBA Loan Servicing Specialist
Area of Interest:
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Minimum Experience: Three (3) years of commercial loan experience in processing, packaging, closing, funding and/or servicing loans, including one (1) year of experience handling SBA loans
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of commonly-used SBA concepts, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of SBA SOP, documentation and servicing actions
- Cash handling and/or accounting experience
- General ledger debit and credit transaction knowledge
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Good written and oral communication skills
Additional Job information:
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field
Performs routine administrative tasks in support of the SBA Loan Operations Department. Responsible for the accurate processing of loan transactions, payments and disbursements, documents and reporting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
May perform any or all of these functions:
- Books SBA Loans
- Processes all payments, disbursements, miscellaneous fees and creates necessary GL ticket entries
- Processes all servicing actions and payoffs, including notifying Colson
- Mails billing statements for all SBA loans
- Processes disbursements after reviewing for validity. Prepares spreadsheets and Form 1050, obtains appropriate signatures and remits money to borrower
- Tracks disbursement periods, contacts customers regarding expiration dates, requests outstanding necessary documents per disbursement checklist and loan file review exception list
- Prepares any necessary stamp actions to extend disbursement period, move funds, etc.
- Prepares all documents for 504 debenture sale
- Runs and distributes SBA reports on a weekly/monthly basis
- Inputs data from DARs to spreadsheet and to monthly affiliate settlement sheet
- Prepares and remits weekly and monthly 1502 report and settle with Colson and participants
- Prepares and updates month-end short list
- Prepares and distributes monthly settlement sheets and settles with affiliates.
Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
Performs other duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V/AA
Synovus is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.