SBA Underwriter 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Salary Range: 45,023 - 51,776 - 58,530
SBA Underwriter 1 Job Summary
Represents the company among a defined territory of agencies, with responsibility for the production, retention and profit of commercial lines business utilizing the highest level of technical underwriting ability. The SBA Underwriter Level 1 role will be highly developmental focused on developing the skills of a level 2 and level 3 SBA underwriters. Maintains communications between the agencies and company and advises their Region Leader of agency situations and market trends that may need attention. Makes responsible decisions regarding risk acceptability and pricing. Provides agency service and maintains intra-company communications.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Reviews and underwrites individual applications (new and renewal business) for commercial lines accounts (written premium primarily $0- 25,000). Determines acceptability of risk in accordance with company guidelines and standards by reviewing the application and risk for exposure identification.
2. Maintains a book of business, including endorsements and renewals, and is responsible for the overall profit and growth of the book.
3. Establishes and maintains effective communication externally (between agents and company) and internally (within the company) regarding underwriting procedures and practices, growth/profit goals and objectives, and agency relations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. A Bachelor s degree from an accredited college/university and three years of P&C insurance experience -OR- Successful completion of the Westfield Graduate Development program -OR- a minimum of five years of P&C underwriting experience.
2. Demonstrated good customer service and organizational skills.
3. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.