SCC - Pharmacist - Per Diem
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
Spaulding Hospital Cape Cod(SRN and SCC)
East Sandwich, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs an integral member of the patient care team, this registered professional is responsible for the preparation and dispensation of all medication at Spaulding Rehabilitation Network. Collaborate with physicians, nurses, and other pharmacy personnel to deliver safe and optimal drug therapy and to maximize positive patient outcomes. Act as a resource person with other interdisciplinary teams, participate in ongoing research, oversee the activities of support personnel and continuously monitor for best practice behaviors within the hospital environment. Provide care/dispense medication in accordance with the laws and regulations governing pharmacists and the practice of pharmacy outlined by the appropriate state and federal agencies.
* Medications are prepared, compounded, and dispensed to patients according to the laws and regulations of the Board of Registration in Pharmacy, the Department of Public Health, the Food and Drug Administration and other regulatory agencies.
* Documentation is monitored and maintained for all areas related to drug preparation and delivery, order entry, investigational medicine protocols, equipment management, adverse events, and drug inventory per established department guidelines.
* Consultation is provided to the interdisciplinary team in the evaluation of current and recommended drug/treatment therapies to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
* Patient medication profiles are updated and maintained to contain appropriate clinical information.
* Teaching and drug related information is provided to caregivers in order to facilitate understanding an increase the likelihood of efficient care and safe outcomes.
* Consultation with retail pharmacists is provided when necessary to make pre-discharge arrangements for patients to obtain difficult to get medications and to discuss unique SRN formulations of medications.
* Pharmacy team members are supervised to verify accuracy of work before dispensing of medications.
* Team members are oriented, trained, and evaluated per department and organization guidelines.
* Equipment and drug inventory management in the pharmacy and patient care areas is monitored and maintained per department standards.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* Experience in hospital pharmacy preferred.
* Current, valid license registered to practice by the Massachusetts State Board of Pharmacy.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Safely execute all job responsibilities without risking injury to self or patients. Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with patients and families using the theories of human growth and development, family systems, and cultural background.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Maintain variable work schedule to provide patient care as needed. (evenings, holidays, weekends and travel).
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.