SCC - Unit Secretary - Part time 32 hrs - Evening shift + alternating weekends
Perform receptionist duties and a variety of clerical tasks in designated patient care units by attending to the transcription of physician orders, maintenance of the medical record, paperwork for patients undergoing testing inside and outside of the hospital, along with other miscellaneous clerical tasks.
* Organized, clean and welcoming work environment with minimal clutter is maintained.
* Transportation is documented and arranged for patients leaving the facility for outside appointments, routine and emergency discharges.
* Unit supplies are inventoried and ordered to maintain levels to meet patient demand.
* Patient care referrals are assembled and mailed per established guidelines.
* Order entry is completed accurately and per hospital policy.
* Record keeping activities are completed per established objectives.
* Administrative duties such as answering and triaging calls, faxing, copying, etc. are completed to ensure the flow of information is timely and accurate on the unit.
* Call light system is monitored and appropriate healthcare team members are notified to provide immediate support to patient.
* Unit secretary assignments are coordinated to meet unit demands.
* Mentoring and teaching is provided for new unit secretaries to achieve performance expectations.
* Quality improvement activities are completed to support quality goals.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Two years of healthcare experience and/or training preferred.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.) Required
* Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills using the English language.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.