SCCM Administrator / Desktop Architect 9/2/2016
Shawmut Design and Construction
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
The SCCM Administrator and Desktop Architect maintains all aspects of the Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 (or later) in the Shawmut environment - including infrastructure, administrator console, software/hardware inventory, software distribution, operator consoles, monitoring and alerting.
The SCCM Administrator will be responsible for creation of software packages - including installation/deployment scripting, managing desktop/laptop imaging process, managing the patching process, application deployment, and assisting in the patching of Windows Servers.
The SCCM Administrator and Desktop Architect collaborates in a fast-paced environment, is resourceful, punctual, and professional. S/he is a critical member and leader in the User Services Department.
The User Services Department works to ensure proper computer and mobile device operation for all Shawmut users to accomplish essential business tasks. This includes actively resolving help requests in an urgent manner, helping to maintain all applicable software applications and hardware, while continuing ongoing learning of new technology. Problem resolution will involve the use of diagnostic and help-request tracking tools, as well as providing in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level, phone support and email support. The User Services Department supports all leading-edge company initiatives, and also works closely with the Network/Infrastructure and Information Services team.
* Participate and oversee the building and maintenance of desktop images, assisting in the production and employment of Group Policy Objects to manage the environment.
* Deployment of images and applications using multiple methodologies, including SCCM.
* Ability to add/remove/change programs available in SCCM Application Catalog.
* Perform, test, and oversee upgrades to new versions of SCCM as needed and/or required.
* Troubleshoot SCCM and operating system related issues, as well as provide secondary technical support to end users and support staff.
* Coordinate application releases with the User Services QA team and coordinate release patches, critical updates, and service packs.
* Manage desktop/laptop security patching process and lead in scheduling and deployment of server security patching process. This includes coordination with the User Services Manager, IT Security Manager and IT Director.
* Serve as a SME on desktop systems and technology. Support Help Desk User Services team as an escalation point.
* Monitor Microsoft SCCM Platform health and mitigate identified problems.
* Monitor Microsoft and other critical security software patches and updates.
* Responsible for working with multiple teams to remotely deliver upgrades, updates, patches, & deployment of new applications.
* Perform project planning and assigned tasks, preparing and maintaining project schedules, technical reports and updates as required by Information Services and Solutions management.
* Provide knowledge transfer to insure other department associates are trained on all functions of SCCM.
* Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing environments.
* Leads in communication to users of impending patches and other software upgrades and changes.
* Education: BS in Computer Science, BA, Associates Degree, or relevant certification program and/or 5+ years of comparable experience.
* 5+ years of experience in support of a System Center Configuration Manager environment with at least 500-2500 users.
* 5+ years of experience creating software packages in various formats, (MSI & SMS).
* Experience with Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10 OS & Office 2010/13 and beyond.
* Experience with Microsoft Active Directory (AD) concepts & management practices.
* Experience with Microsoft Server environments & management practices.
* Experience with scripting languages and methodologies (i.e. vbscript and powershell)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and excellent trouble-shooting abilities.
* Additional Role Specific Skills:
* Must have solid knowledge and understanding of active directory
* Advanced knowledge of sophisticated and diverse computing hardware, including desktop, laptop, tablets and mobile devices. Takes initiatives.
* Knowledge/experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
* Knowledge/experience with Windows install on MacOS (Bootcamp)
* Knowledge/experience with Windows Key Management Service
* Knowledge/experience with enterprise antivirus management (Kaspersky)
* General Understanding of subnet networking for remote office software deployment via SCCM Distribution points
* Extensive experience with various operating systems, including Windows 7, 8.1, 10, iOS, OS X, etc.
* Understanding of MDM technologies like Intune or other popular remote management solutions.
* Advanced knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities. Expert troubleshooting skills.
* Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment, and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
* Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
* Strong documentation skills, attention to detail, manage tickets.
* Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly, business-friendly and technical language.
* Exceptional customer-service dedication.