SCHEDULER ADMITTING REP
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers competitive wages and outstanding benefits.
We currently have an opening for a Scheduler Admitting Representative.
* Schedules patients on daily basis for each assigned department.
* At the appropriate time, obtains information to assure accuracy of demographic and insurance information. Enters information in computer system with correct spelling of patient name and diagnosis, date of birth, social security number employer, guarantor and correct medical record number.
* Responsible to utilize excellent telephone and customer service skills when speaking with patients and families.
* Complies with Medicare/Medicaid and other insurance rules and regulations.
* Works closely with nursing staff, physicians, admitting staff and the finance department.
* Possesses knowledge of administrative policies, departmental procedures, and third staff payor coverage.
* Attends and actively participates in any staff training or education which relates to their position and would contribute to their knowledge.
* Admitting Department Back-up: Provide coverage as requested in all areas of admitting following established guidelines. Possess knowledge of administrative policies, department procedures, third party coverage and required admission and insurance documents.
* Responsible for other duties or projects, which are assigned by Management. These may include special projects, telephone coverage, filing, scanning, copying and other duties as instructed.
* High School Diploma required.
* Three years general clerical experience/customer service / scheduling registration.
* Medical terminology preferred.
* Ability to get along with people, maintain harmony with other employees.
* Ability to communicate clearly, use good judgment and be sympathetic toward patients.
* Ability to work under stress with frequent interruptions.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality with patient records. Basic office skills.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.