This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Cardiac Access Nurse, the Scheduling & Referral Coordinator oversees the daily activity of the Cardiac Access Program, including maintaining strong relationships with the admitting office, major referring facilities, and the inpatient floors that are utilized by the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. S/he assesses and resolves administrative and technical problems as they arise, and assists the Cardiac Access nurse with patient placement as needed. The Scheduling & Referral Coordinator acts as the liaison for Access program and actively contributes to the development and implementation of various projects within the scope of the Cardiac Access Program. In addition, s/he assists the Cath Lab front desk staff in everyday activities such as scheduling, patient check-in, and answering phones.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Validate and update physician contacts and hospital contacts within the Cardiac Access database
* Communicate bed placements with Admitting team and Cath Lab staff to expedite patient flow
* Validate and document all Cardiac Access patients into the Cardiac Access database
* Collaborate with triage nurse and nurse supervisors on patient floors to ensure an accurate account of all patients transferred to the hospital within the Cardiac Access and/or Cardiac Surgery services
* Create DVDs of cath procedures for MGH research teams, outside physicians, patients and legal teams, ensuring HIPPA compliance and maintaining adequate documentation for all requests
* Import procedural films from outside hospitals/physicians into the Syngo database for clinician review
* Assist research teams with patient data collection for various cardiology studies
* Troubleshoot technical problems throughout the front desk area and/or the lab, elevating issues to the Help Desk or specific system technicians when appropriate
* Breakdown patient discharge charts for Medical Records collection
* Act as the Super User for incoming technical programs for front desk end users
* Assist front desk functions such as triaging phone calls, checking in patients, moving patients on whiteboard schedule as necessary
Fast-paced, high-volume invasive cardiovascular laboratory requiring collaboration and teamwork. This position is full-time days, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* 2-3 years of related work experience in medical environment preferred
* Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA compliance
* Excellent interpersonal skills, oral & written communication skills
* Extreme sensitivity to patient needs and confidentiality
* Accurate attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills
* Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to learn new tasks quickly
* Strong computer skills, proficiency with hospital systems and Microsoft Office products
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.