This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Scheduling Supervisor
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Supervises the scheduling workflow of patients and determines the clinical appropriateness of the condition to the procedures.
* Acts as a liaison between physicians, hospital clinics, nursing personnel, residents, etc. to optimize patient scheduling and care. Lead complaint control.
* Ensures optimum staffing, oversee all personnel evaluations, recruits and orients new staff in all areas of scheduling.
* Maintains a patient-centered focus and strives to support the mission, goals and values of the hospital, department and division.
* Responsible for ensuring that all division activity is performed in an efficient, organized and safe manner with an optimum degree of accuracy.
* Responsible for the PI tracking, productivity measuring, divisional policies, procedures, and ongoing employee education.
* Maintains knowledge and understanding of all scheduling aspects, pre-authorization and pre-certification as well as basic knowledge of health insurance and billing procedures.
* Schedules, reschedules/cancels and blocks schedules in a courteous, professional and timely manner as well as answers phones in a timely manner.
* Responsible for completion of mandatory educational assignments
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience required
* Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in an academic or high volume, high acuity facility preferred
* Minimum of 3 years of scheduling and/or experience in a call center or switchboard environment required
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.