SCOM Management Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE: SCOM MANAGEMENT DEVELOPER
LOCATION: NEW YORK CITY, NY
Management Pack (MP) authoring within a large enterprise environment having diverse monitoring requirements
* Designing, documenting, developing, and testing MPs adhering to a strict MP Lifecycle and change management methodology
* Developing monitors, rules, discoveries, diagnostic and/or recovery tasks, views
* Complete testing, evaluation and implementation of complex software products and all associated deliverables.
* Provide assistance, guidance and troubleshooting assistance to operational teams.
* Deep knowledge of SCOM management pack authoring
* Need to have good experience in a similar role (SCOM MP Author)
* Expert knowledge of optimal targeting methods
* Expert knowledge of optimal health model construction
* Expert knowledge of the SCOM service model and its usage (classes, relationships, referenced classes and objects)
* Advanced knowledge of module types including data sources, probe actions, and write actions
* Expert usage knowledge of consoles (Authoring, Operations)
* Disciplined testing procedures
* High degree of proficiency in XML (work with MPs' XML)
* High degree of proficiency in SCOM MP Module development
* Must have good knowledge of Operations Manager SDK usage for MP related tasks (e.g., Automation of MP creation, configuration data extraction)
* Must have good working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 or higher (e.g., queries, joins)
* Able to implement MP development approaches, and techniques to best meet the business requirements
* Working knowledge of SNMP
* Must have good working knowledge of PowerShell, WMI, VBScript
* Administrative knowledge of SCOM 2007 R2 and SCOM 2012 R2
* Good Understanding of Windows Clustering
* Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows based operating systems, Windows Group Policy and Windows Registry functions and parameters
* Infrastructure implementations in a large enterprise environment
* Must have knowledge of ITIL base Framework to define customized severities for the all the Rules and Monitors in MP