SCS Operations Excellence Manager III 8/13/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) Operational Excellence (OE) III position directs the development, implementation, and management of operational best practices throughout UPS SCS Logistics and Distribution Operations in North America. He/She serves in a consultative capacity to drive operational performance. This position measures operational performance and manages special projects and initiatives. He/She promotes collaborative work efforts within the UPS SCS OE group. This position manages SCS OE II positions and administrative resources.
* Collaborates with Industrial Engineering to develop and execute operating plans and to improve operational performance results.
* Reviews daily operational performance (i.e., productivity and financial) to facilitate continuous improvements and to ensure business plan targets are met.
* Conducts site visits and performance reviews with Operations management to share best practices, improve staff performance, determine resource needs, and achieve operating plan goals.
* Participates in quarterly business reviews with multiple functional groups and customers to identify business development and revenue growth opportunities.
* Drives weekly business unit reviews to identify corrective actions for improving operations performance.
* Oversees intra-quarter data analysis to identify changing client trends and make the necessary adjustments to performance goals which drive continuous improvement.
* Ensures operational reports are accurate, distributed, and posted for each location to raise performance awareness and ensure effective communication of results.
* Creates ISO contracts with ISO registrar to meet operational needs and to obtain and retain ISO certifications.
* Manages quality programs and systems (e.g., balanced scorecard, customer concerns, inspections, QDocS, etc.) to ensure operational compliance with ISO requirements.
* Coordinates ISO contract modifications to secure ISO certification for new business accounts and to meet contractual obligations.
* Coordinates, plans, and manages ISO and Sarbanes Oxley SAS70 audits to support operational preparation and participation and to facilitate scheduling, resource planning, and execution.
* ISO 9001:2008 and AS9120, plus the regulatory compliance for FAA and other regulatory bodies
Promotes Internal Customer Initiatives
* Builds internal relations to understand functional and business needs.
* Promotes customer service and communicates customer needs throughout Operations to build customer satisfaction and to reinforce each function s contribution to business growth and retention.
Manages and Develops Others
* Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
* Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
* Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
* Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
* Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
* Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
* Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
* Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
* Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance.
* Establishes Metrics and Performance Tools: Selects the most appropriate method(s) for conducting gap analysis and performance assessment; establishes performance measures (e.g. balance scorecard measures); investigates and determines root cause(s) of performance problems; identifies areas for improvement in measures and measurement methods and makes recommendations for changes.
* Supply Chain Solutions Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the movement of materials, information, and finances involved in manufacturing and distributing products.
* Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates a complex knowledge of small package operations; considers the impact of small package operations on other parts of the business; develops solutions to improve operations.
* Work Methods, Processes, Flows Analysis: Describes the general impact of requirements, problems, or inefficiencies on other parts of the operation or processes; conducts basic analyses and identifies issues impacting the accuracy of data analysis.
* Work Methods, Processes, Flows Design: Identifies common problems with current work designs; specifies requirements for new work designs; modifies or adjusts existing work methods, processes, and flows to resolve operations failures.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity