This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
EBSCO Information Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
This is a software product development position. As a Software Development Engineer in Test you will write software that examines, validates and tests large scale software development and deployment projects as well as help design and build intelligent systems that can explore various use cases and scenarios. As a specializing generalist on a Scrum team, the SDET role is also frequently involved in code authorship for feature development. The ideal candidate for this position is highly technical, has a passion for high quality software development, and has worked on multiple software projects using an agile/SCRUM methodology.
* Daily coordination of development activities with cross-functional team
* Collaborate with the SCRUM team and product owners to develop high-quality solutions
* Author well-engineered ASP.Net solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies
* Contribute to the architecture and design decisions for the product(s)
* Participate in the design and development of development infrastructure and tools for the team
* Automate unit and integration tests to achieve high automated test coverage
* Assess and incorporate new tools to aid with the development and testing process
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team
* Contribute to the team s ability to make and deliver on their commitments
* Passion for developing well-engineered software products
* Must possess demonstrable knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, data structures and modern programming techniques
* Excellent foundational knowledge of computer science and software engineering
* Strong design, coding and debugging skills in C# or VB.Net
* MVC, WCF and/or WebAPI development experience is a big plus
* UI Development experience is a big plus
* Experience working on an Agile team preferred
* Working knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Automated Unit Testing preferred
* Working knowledge of developing automated integration or acceptance tests scenarios preferred
* Working knowledge of performance testing strategies and techniques is preferred
* Excellent written and verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task effectively
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Information Technology related degree
* 2+ years of Object Oriented development
* 2+ years of ASP.Net development
* 2+ years of SQLServer or MySQL development experience
* 2+ years of C# (or VB.Net) experience
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO s Talent Acquisition Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.