SEA Product Support Specialist II - ReqCode SEA101041
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. - Ridgefield Park, NJ
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Provide technical support for the Field Service Network on new and existing products. Evaluate all new models of assigned product. Provide feedback to factory (SEC) on all data for analysis. Approve final samples for marketability and recommend product improvements. Respond to reported field issues that arise from consumer and technical reports. Determine the severity based on a logical safety/risk analysis process and escalate as needed to Senior Management. Manage the progress of countermeasures developed and recommended by the factory. Primary technical Liaison between SEA and the applicable SEC Factories.
Common Essential Duties & Resp.
* Technical Support for the Field Service Network
* Identify and report defects that may arise after the product has been sold or during incoming inspection. Make recommendations to improve product weaknesses.
* Product Evaluations - Compare samples with company and competitor models to improve performance levels. Test and verify all functions and specifications are correct before general product release from the manufacturer. Manage Field Test and Reporting is applicable.
* Review, respond to and escalate Voice of Customer (VOC) issues. Support Customer Service.
* Verify accuracy of the service manuals and create service procedure where necessary
* Maintain primary technical knowledge of products assigned and secondary knowledge of all products
* Work with R/B companies to verify quality
* Review field repair claims for technical analysis and service performed
* Maintain current and past product for testing
* Support sales/marketing with technical issues
Necessary Skills / Attributes
* Bachelor's degree (preferably in Electrical Engineering) and/or the equivalent experience in the electronics/service industry required
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in a managerial/supervisory/project management role
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as a technician
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to multi-task
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)