SEC Mgr & Stock Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMCORE Corporation designs and manufactures Indium Phosphide (InP) optical chips, components, subsystems and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. EMCORE was the pioneer in linear fiber optic transmission technology, and today is a leader in optical components, as well as a provider of complete end-to-end solutions for high-speed communications network infrastructures, enabling systems and service providers to meet growing demand for bandwidth and connectivity. EMCORE's advanced optical technologies are designed for cable television (CATV) and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks, telecommunications and data centers, satellite communications, aerospace and defense, wireless networks, and broadcast and professional audio/video systems. With its world-class InP semiconductor wafer fabrication facility, EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability and also provides contract design, foundry and component packaging services. EMCORE is headquartered in Alhambra, California, USA with InP wafer fabrication operations in Alhambra, and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing in Alhambra and Langfang, China.
EMCORE Corporation has an immediate need for a SEC Manager and Stock Plan Administrator to assist on a full-time position. The SEC Reporting Manager and Stock Plan Administrator will be responsible for the day to day activities of the company's:
* Global equity incentive programs which include ESPP, stock options, RSUs and PSUs
* GAAP Equity Accounting and
* SEC Reporting for Equity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain database integrity and ensure accuracy of record-keeping of equity data using Equity Edge Online.
* Maintain accurate employee data and track employee mobility.
* Assist with processing new equity awards and distribution of online grant agreements.
* Perform quarterly valuation of equity grants in Equity Edge and periodically review assumptions used in valuation of grants
* Process daily option exercises including 10b5-1 transactions, ensuring accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting to Payroll, all the way through to timely settlement of all trades.
* Assist in the preparation and processing of quarterly vesting and release of restricted stock units, and coordinate with US and International Payroll on accurate tax withholding.
* Assist in Preparation and filing of Section 16 reports.
* Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly reconciliation of records between Stock Administration and General Ledger, HR, Payroll, transfer agent, etc.
* Work with internal and external auditors and Finance team for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, as well as ensure that tight internal controls are in place and procedures are performed and documented to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
* Support 10K, 10Q and other periodic SEC reporting support on equity accounting and related disclosure
* Support Proxy, Form 3 and Form 4s on an as needed basis
* Generate recurring reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners (e.g., HR, Payroll, Tax, Finance, Accounting, etc.), and respond timely to ad hoc data requests from business partners.
* Manage desktop procedures manual, calendars, ensure all information remains current and consistent.
* Provide excellent customer service to equity participants at all levels and to partners across departments and respond quickly to employee questions in a courteous and satisfactory manner.
* Prepare annual quarterly Bonus plan accrual working with HR and senior executives
* Support in performing technical accounting research and preparing written documentation, including SEC reporting checklists
* Experience in preparing financial statements such as Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow statement and Stockholders' Equity Statement
* Experience in preparing notes to the financial statements and Management's Discussion and Analysis
* Assist with other projects as assigned.
* B.A or B.S Degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred.
* 7+ years stock administration experience in a public company.
* SOX 404 compliance knowledge
* Extensive knowledge of ASC718 concepts, 409A rules and modification accounting
* Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation, as well as general knowledge of global taxation of equity compensation
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong customer service approach.
* Demonstrated professionalism, reliability, moral integrity and sound judgment.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to perform self-audit to ensure data integrity and utmost accuracy at all times.
* Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Experience with Equity Edge Online and E*TRADE brokerage platform a definite plus.
* CEP and /or CPA designation strongly preferred