SELF-PAY BILLING REPRESENTATIVE / 40 HOURS / DAYS / BILLING DEPT - NORWELL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Brigham & Women's Physicians Organization(BWPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONHarbor Medical Associates is seeking an experienced full time self-pay collection Billing Representative. Candidate must have third party collection experience and excellent customer service experience. The primary focus of the Billing Representative is to settle patients self-pay responsible debt and process collection process. Billing Representative is a, team player, dependable, professional attitude, outstanding communication /negotiating skills, goal driven and detail oriented. Responsibilities of a collections specialist included but not limited to:
* Must take ownership in their position, possess high level of self-motivation, ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
* Must work well with minimal direct supervision.
* Must possess working knowledge of medical billing of insurance procedures.
* Must possess excellent analytical skills, including writing and verbal communication skills and professional positive attitude.
* Must have experience with MS Windows and Office products
* Effectively manage and reduce outstanding patient account receivables.
* Make detailed notes on patient's accounts after correspondence from patient, insurance, attorney, etc.
* Identifies and resolves patient billing issues/disputes.
* Evaluates patient's financial status and establishes payment plans.
* Contacts patients via phone call that have an unpaid self-pay balance.
* Conference call patients with insurance carrier to resolve balance
Excellent communication and organization skills are required. Candidates must excel at providing a high level customer service. Candidates will possess excellent computer skills and possess a positive attitude. Must be able to manage a high volume of claims and meet productivity levels. Must be comfortable with all steps of the collection process, collecting and recording required insurance information and communicating with the patient/guarantor on payment status.
High school diploma required. Degree or Certificate from an institute of higher education preferred. Minimum three years of third party billing experience in a healthcare setting required. Experience billing for a multi-specialty medical office preferred.
Brigham and Womens Physicians Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.