SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / 40 HOURS / DAY / BWH TRANSPLANT ADMINISTRATION
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Transplant Senior Administrative Assistant will assist the Transplant Administrative Director andTransplant Nurse Director with daily administrative activities, and will also assist with departmental projects. The Senior Admin Assistant will also provide administrative project assistance as needed to the Transplant Physician Director and Transplant Quality Assessment/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Physician Lead.
The Senior Admin Assistant will have excellent organizational and time management skills and an ability to work well with others. He/She will take initiative and demonstrate follow-through with administrative and project work.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides administrative support to Transplant Administration Leadership, and provides program- and quality/compliance- related project support to the Administrative Director, Physician Director, Nurse Director, and QAPI Physician Leader.
* Maintains the calendar of the Administrative Director and facilitates transplant meetings, including: scheduling, agenda distribution and creation and maintenance of minutes
* Performs other administrative duties for Administrative Director and Nurse Director, such as document revision, file maintenance, copying/faxing, ordering supplies and processing reimbursements and departmental invoices
* Manages and maintains Transplant SharePoint site, including all policy and form updates, ensuring the accuracy of documents and incorporation of revisions
* Manages relationship with The Allied Group and manages and executes the process of form-updating, ensures that up-to-date forms are always available to programs, and ensures that each program is notified when forms are revised
* Prepares for and attends monthly Transplant Clinical Operations meeting, sends reminder emails to committee members in advance of meeting, collects items for inclusion on agenda and distributes agenda before meeting, takes, prepares and distributes meeting minutes
* Prepares for and attends monthly QAPI Committee meeting, sends reminder emails to committee members in advance of meeting, collects items for inclusion on agenda and distributes agenda in advance of meeting, ensures that SharePoint QAPI site is up-to-date and populated with materials needed for QAPI meetings
* Acts as the HealthStream Administrator, ensuring that all direct reports to the Administrative Director and Nurse Director are up-to-date with online trainings, runs HealthStream reports as necessary, and assists with registration for courses
* Provides administrative assistance with projects related to ensuring compliance with regulatory agency requirements, performs weekly quality audits, and supports any projects lead or overseen by the QAPI Physician Leader.
* Provides administrative assistance with cross-program projects, including any projects lead by or overseen by the Administrative Director and/or the Physician Director, such as marketing projects (website maintenance), operations improvement projects (clinic process redesign), or development of a transplant-specific balanced scorecard
* Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by Administrative Director, to ensure the efficient overall performance of the Transplant Programs.
* College degree preferred
* Prefer some experience as an administrative assistant, or experience in an academic or medical setting
* Knowledge of and experience using word processing, Excel and PowerPoint
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Demonstrated ability to complete work through collaborative efforts with a broad group of individuals
* Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with leadership, clinicians and staff in a professional and respectful manner
* Strong verbal and writing skills
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to complete work and meet deadlines
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
BRIGHAM AND WOMENS HOSPITAL I CARE STANDARDS
The I CARE STANDARDS guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I WILL COMMUNICATE MY COMMITMENT TO HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE
A. I WILL APPEAR AND ACT AS A PROFESSIONAL
R. I WILL RESPECT ALL INDIVIDUALS
E. I WILL EXTEND MYSELF