SENIOR COMPUTER SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Provide technical support and conduct preventative and corrective maintenance of Information Systems for the US Antarctic networks to include installing and supporting project specific software, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, and responding to, reporting and assisting in resolving IT Security incidents
* Provide Windows Server hardware/software and VMware Virtual Machine environment support
* Maintain and update SQL databases and meteorology, air traffic control, and ground electronics system data interfaces
* Assist with project installation, operational test and verification of software, and modifying and updating special purpose programs
* Provide support for system equipment hardware/software life-cycle support
* Provide end-user desktop support
* Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
* Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS :
* A minimum of five (5) years' experience in IT to include Test and Evaluation, Network Protocols, LAN administration fundamentals, UNIX and Windows based operating systems, SQL database management and query, and VMware environments
* Linux Systems Administration experience
* Extensive experience with VMware is required
* Other required skills: RDP, VPN, SSH, Active Directory, Windows, VMware, Virtualbox, and computer/server hardware.
* Must currently hold a Security+ certification; A+ certification is desired
* Must be customer oriented and demonstrate good problem solving skills
* Supervise up to two IT personnel
* Have developed communication skills - the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely and to employ technical writing techniques
* Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines
* Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas
* Must pass thorough medical and dental exams and deploy to Antarctica annually from 1-6 months
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled