SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Senior Financial Analyst
* Maintains and enhances the hospital's budget and financial reporting system (Budget Advisor). Responsibilities include:
o Uploading of data
o Maintaining data definitions
o Primary source for data retrieval and report writing
o Providing support and education to users
o Works with hospital leaders on the maintenance and enhancement of the budget workbooks.
* Maintains and enhances the hospital's cost accounting system (CostFlex). Responsibilities include:
o Uploading of data
o Departmental charge code estimates
o Cost-shift allocations
o Overhead allocation statistics
o Expense absorption commands
* Serves as a budget and cost accounting liaison for hospital departments, providing training and support on budget and cost accounting related issues.
* Develops, enhances and analyzes the following financial reporting tools and processes:
o Continuous Financial Planning
o Departmental expense variances
o Productivity reporting
o Future tools and processes
* Prepares special reports for use by management utilizing Excel, Access, Word, Budget Advisor, CostFlex and any other software or report writer as needed.
* Prepares other financial schedules, perform data analyses, coordinate report distribution and does miscellaneous projects as requested.
* Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
* Takes a leading role in recommending process improvements and upon approval implements suggestion to conclusion with very little direction.
* Ability to take a lead in assigned projects, seeing project through From beginning to end with little or no direction to a successful conclusion.
* Uses expertise to continually improve data analysis, data organization and data automation processes within the hospital.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science or related field (with coursework in Accounting or Finance) required
* Master's Degree in Accounting or Business preferred
* Three years direct experience in developing and monitoring budgets required
* Three years direct experience relating to cost and/or general ledger accounting required
* Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, financial and statistical analysis techniques and report design through use of report writers, spreadsheets, database software, and graphical presentation software required
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills required
* Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access required
* Three years accounting experience in health related field preferred
* Two years experience in maintaining a budgetary and/or financial reporting system preferred
* Certified Public Accountant Certificate is preferred
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.