SENIOR MANAGER, QUALITY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 2/6/2017
MA-COM Technology Solutions Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR MANAGER, QUALITY
M/A-COM TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
LOWELL, MA OR ITHACA, NY
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Quality for M/A-Com Technology Solutions, the Senior Manager will manage a team responsible for optimizing the performance of all Quality and Reliability engineering and laboratory operations supporting the company s Laser Component and Optoelectronic Module product lines.
The Senior Manager of Quality will lead a team responsible for:
* Reliability and failure analysis engineering
* Quality performance measurement and analysis
* Corrective and preventative action processes
* Continuous improvement programs
* Internal quality audits
* Administration of policies and procedures, quality records, and external certifications
M/A-Com s Optical business is the company s fastest growing solution set, in terms of both revenue and profitability, and since acquisition of the former Bin-Optics company in December 2014, output has increased 5x. M/A-Com is working to ramp the manufacturing operation to match its capacity with its market opportunity.
Partnering with other M/A-Com managers and executives, the Senior Manager of Quality will lead the identification, evaluation, and integration of innovative Quality and Reliability systems, processes, and tools required to expand the product and technology capabilities of the current reliability engineering and laboratory operations, maintaining or improving on the organization s strength in the areas of product and process qualification, reliability testing, and quality monitoring.
M/A-Com is currently at $500M in annualized revenue, but is on an aggressive revenue expansion path, via both organic and M&A growth initiatives. As a result, the Senior Manager of Quality will be challenged to improve the quality and reliability of M/A-Com solutions during a time of explosive technology and revenue growth for the company.
Fundamental to this position s responsibility is the ability to effectively and efficiently lead and influence others at all levels of the organization, to continuously improve the performance capabilities of the company s Quality Management System, providing optimal value to the business and its customers.
Primary duties and functional responsibilities include:
* Review and evaluate scientific and technical data as it pertains to the company's products and product testing; leading teams to identify and solve complex product or processing problems.
* Maintain effective relationships with customers to ensure requirements are understood and met, and that corrective action needs are resolved efficiently.
* Ensure that customer requirements and quality objectives are satisfied in a timely, cost effective manner, partnering with program teams and functional managers to establish and coordinate quality activities within allocated schedules and budgets.
* Participate in NPI design reviews to ensure DFX conformance, as well as DFMEA and PFMEA excellence. Evaluate and approve design verification, design validation, and process validation test protocols and reports, ensuring the testing meets customer requirements and quality objectives.
* Participate in supplier selection and specification reviews, ensuring purchased items meet specifications. Perform or oversee supplier audits as needed.
* Conduct periodic reviews of nonconformity levels and trends. Identify and monitor actions needed to reduce high levels or reverse adverse quality trends.
* Maintain the Quality Management System to meet the ISO 9001 standard and to continually improve the QMS to meet all business needs.
* Develop quality metrics in support of overall company performance expectations and strategic plans.
* Build and develop strong teams through collaboration and by working closely with team members, providing real time feedback and coaching.
Minimum requirements for the Senior Manager of Quality position include:
* B.S. (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred) in Physics, Electrical Engineering (EE), or related technical field with significant optoelectronics and semiconductor manufacturing experience
* Minimum 15 years of experience in quality systems, reliability engineering and management
* Proven relationship building ability with internal and external customers, fostering an environment of trust and mutual respect
* A diverse background in a variety of disciplines (e.g., Design, Manufacturing, Software, Engineering, Supplier Management, Reliability and Quality Assurance, Operational Excellence)
* Demonstrated experience using a variety of root cause analysis techniques and an ability to drive issues back to the source, root cause, or constraint
* Approach problem resolution with team-oriented, requirement-compliant decisions, using value-based judgment and experience
* Demonstrated understanding of analytical methods, statistics, data analysis and reporting to research and investigate process improvement opportunities
* Extensive experience and knowledge in improving and maintaining corporate level quality management systems and associated certifications
* Strong business acumen and a proven ability to develop a business case for change, including a demonstrated understanding of return on investment
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills for working with customers, suppliers, and internal organizations
* Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, 20-30% of the time
* Position resides in either Ithaca, NY or Lowell, Ma.
EEO/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.