SENIOR PROGRAMMER ANALYST
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Accountabilities Position Scope
As a member of the Information Systems team, the position of Senior Programmer Analyst will have technical responsibility for the enhancement and support of applications systems. In this position the candidate will review, analyze, and modify programming systems to support business requirements. Analysis of business application system, technical design and applications programming skills are necessary to properly support Crown s business applications. The primary role will be to support Crown s Customer Order Management systems. The coverage of responsibility includes four major business divisions in the United States, Canada and Mexico operations.
The information systems support function for manufacturing facilities are centralized at the corporate headquarters located in Philadelphia, PA.
The Senior Programmer Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, Customer Order Management Systems who in turn reports to the Director, Business Systems. The incumbent will assume a leadership role within their respective applications support group.
* Provide hands-on system technical support to Crown s Customer Order Management System (COMS) and Crown s Manufacturing Production control and Accounting Systems (CMPAS)
* Provides accurate time estimates relating to project development and the preparation of specifications, user test plans and system/user documentation
* Designs, develops, codes, tests, debugs and documents applications to specifications and to fulfill production requirements
* Adheres to structure programming techniques and develops reusable program code
* Accomplish programming work on time and ensure project goals are met as per requirement
* Provide production support and troubleshoot system issues
* Participate in the 24/7 on call rotation
* Assume the role of lead programming analyst on projects and implementation of enhancements to the business applications
* May lead and direct the work of others on the programming staff
Job Requirements Candidate Qualifications
* A minimum of 7 years experience in systems support function in a manufacturing environment. A keen understanding of customer service applications is required.
* A superior knowledge and experience with iSeries, RPG/400, ILE, SQL and CL programming is a must.
* PC software proficiency to support activities, especially Microsoft Office required.
* Will be expected to perform a variety of complicated analysis and programming tasks.
* Software tools required for change control and impact analysis: SoftLanding s Turnover and Pathfinders Hawkeye.
* Knowledge and experience with Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
* Experienced in systems development, design, implementation and post-implementation processes.
* Strong database experience covering design, creation and utilization is essential.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills plus the ability to successfully interact with all levels of management.
* Leadership experience and hands on experience with Microsoft Project software is required.
* SQL Server knowledge a plus
CROWN CORK & SEAL USA, Inc. is
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer