SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
TE Connectivity offers a competitive salary, bonus plan, 401K, and health benefits. This position is located in between Columbus and Cleveland and offers an opportunity for a lower cost of living while still enjoying city luxury!
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world s leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity s long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. With nearly 90,000 employees in over 50 countries, TE Connectivity makes connections the world relies on to work flawlessly every day. To connect with the company, visit: www.TE.com.
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of connectors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 5000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions. Locally we have been established for over 100 years with an excellent reputation for our contribution to commercial aerospace.
As part of the Quality team in Mansfield, you will be joining a team of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business whilst maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to ensure constant innovation and openness to change.
We are a growing team who are currently seeking a Quality Engineer, with excellent communication skills to liaise with customers, to help ensure we are around for another 100 years.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will provide Quality Assurance and Quality Control support to product development and operations functions including being responsible for driving zero escapes through the establishment and execution of proactive tools in advanced quality, manufacturing, and supply base. You will develop quality tools, improve work instructions and provide training as well as maintain reverse PFMEA, the FAI, the control plan and the quality inspection plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Preferred B.S. Degree in Engineering with additional hands on experience in quality engineering or equilvance of 5-7 years of work experience in a quality engineering role.
* Hands on experience on 8D, 5Y, FMEA, MSA, SPC
* Experienced in GD&T including being capable of transferring specifications and drawings into control plan/quality inspection plan and work instructions
* ISO9001 or AS9100 or TS16948 experience is essential
* Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) experience is preferred
* Lean and Six Sigma knowledge is highly preferred
* ASQ certification and/or a strong fabrication background is preferred but not essential, as is experience with SAP.