SERVICE ASSOCIATE-OPERATING ROOM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
A day in the life of an Service Associate in the OR at Meridian includes:
OR Room Turnover and Cycle cleaning is the main focus of this job Clean and disinfect patient s rooms, bathrooms, furniture and other areas of the facility in a timely manner.
* Delivering linen and removing trash from assigned areas.
* Sweeping and mopping patients rooms.
* Maintain adequate stock of materials, supplies and chemicals on cleaning cart and in janitor s closet.
* Daily floor care procedure is performed consistently.
* Equipment is kept clean and polished carts, tanks and buckets are emptied and rinsed at shift end.
Other duties may include:
* Transporting of the patients to and from the SDS, Patient Rooms, OR, and PACU Department
* Moving and handling of surgical equipment
* Delivering specimens to the lab, retrieving blood from the Blood Bank
* Stocking rooms, and running of general errands for the support of the OR functions
* Other duties as assigned which are according to hospital policies & procedures.
* Housekeeping experience preferred but not required - willing to train.
* High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) strongly preferred.
* A BLS/CPR certification
* Good communication and Customer Service skills required.
* Must be able to lift, bend and stand for long periods of time.
* Must be flexible with working various days including alternating weekends and holidays.
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.