SERVICE DESK TECH I
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, the Department of Information Technology Services is committed to providing the information required to support patient centered care in a technologically superior environment while safeguarding data integrity, security, and accessibility. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Service Desk Technician.
* Primary responsibility is assisting users over the telephone, through email, online chat and/or at desk side in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
* Secondary responsibility is assisting users with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
* Skilled in communication under potentially adverse situations with a focus on customer service and satisfaction.
* Responsible for obtaining information to diagnose a problem, and simultaneously create, assign and document issues into the Hospital Service Desk tracking system.
* Maintains an ever increasing level of proficiency in hardware, software, networking and other technologies related to the ITS department.
* Demonstrates competence in prioritizing user issues and resolving within Hospital defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
* Demonstrates competence in compiling data to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping and other records.
* High School diploma required.
* Associate degree in Computer systems or a related field is required (if no degree, high school diploma with a minimum of two years of experience in Computer systems or a related field is required).
* Experience in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrading of computer equipment is preferred.
* Prior experience in either a Call Center or Service Desk environment.
* Microsoft Certified Windows 7, Configuring (70-680) or will obtain within first six months.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.