SERVICE PROGRAM MANAGER -- INTELLIGENT EQUIPMENT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
The Service Program Manager, Intelligent Equipment (IE) acts as a liaison between the Systems & Controls business unit and the Daikin Applied Service team to oversee the implementation of Daikin Applied's Systems offering in the Service channel. Ensure customer needs and requirements are met within a set schedule and budget. Works as a consulting team member or an individual technical consultant on project implementation, enhancement or integration projects. Expertise and work efforts are focused on the analysis of the customer's business goals, objectives and needs and the general business environment. Key responsibilities of this role include:
* Program Management
* Enhance current service offerings and develop new offerings that are value driven and differentiate Daikin in the market
* Leads, develops and recommends marketing objectives, including sales volume and profit forecasts
* Advises management regarding technical issues and provides recommendations so that persons without specialized subject knowledge can act or make decisions
* Recommends modifications of assigned product or products
* Develops methods for field testing merchandising programs to determine public acceptance
* Apply new technologies, leverage the Internet of Things via our Intelligent Equipment, to drive new revenue streams and increase service productivity
* Create business requirements and documentation to ensure clear deliverables
* Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, develops solutions to program problems
* Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget
* Create business plan including financial justification and forecasting, resource planning and project scheduling
* Business Development, Service/IE Liaison
* Develops new business, expands service offerings, and deploys initiatives with training and follow up to ensure growth
* Develops and manages the service offering of Daikin Applied systems solutions
* Directs work of incumbents assigned to program from various departments
* Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations
* Advance new services, offers, and product development programs with a North America focus
* Evaluates the effectiveness of promotions and advertising programs, and recommends improvements or changes
* Directs market development, sales promotion, distribution and pricing policies
* Analyzes market trends and potentials
* Bachelor's degree in Software Development, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related discipline, Master's degree preferred
* 7+ years of HVAC experience in BAS/BMS/EMS systems, HVAC unit controls, HVAC mechanical equipment operation & service, Project Management or Sales
* Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated experience presenting findings to executives, systems & controls leadership, clients or key stakeholders and keeping informed of project progress
* Superior interpersonal and communication skills with a unique ability to influence people, articulate ideas, and lead highly productive technical teams Prior experience working with a high degree of independence, ability to make critical data analytic related decisions and ability to take initiative based on trends in the data
* Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite
* Familiarity with electrical components and systems, including the ability to read schematics and basic electrical safety
* Ability to travel up to 30-40% annually
* Credentials in the Internet of Things (IoT), Energy Services, Project Management and NPI processes
* Understanding of Six Sigma quality methods and tools
* PMP certification desired
* Leadership experience, managing technical teams preferred
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled