SI Assembler III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
SI ASSEMBLER III: CAGE/POU with our Production Group.
At Benchmark (NYSE: BHE), our mission is to be the solutions provider of choice for high technology OEM customers, anticipating their needs and rapidly delivering comprehensive value-creation solutions during the entire product life cycle by providing:
* Innovative Design Engineering Services
* Optimized Global Supply Chain & Logistics Solutions
* World-Class Manufacturing and After-Market Support
Our mission is based on a foundation of financial strength, managerial integrity and a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement. As a top 10 global leader in the electronics manufacturing industry, we attribute our success to the success of our customers.
For more information, please visit www.bench.com
The SI Assembler III: Cage/POU prepares product for systems level assembly to include unpacking, set-up, assembly, final packaging and repair as required. This is a 2nd shift position working Monday through Thursday from 4 p.m. - 2 a.m.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
* Demonstrates good component recognition skills. * Understands basic computer skills. * Effective interpersonal skills. * Demonstrates high attention to detail. * Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company. * Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required. * Able to work overtime as needed. * Work with diverse groups. * Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Accesses the appropriate paperwork and necessary drawings for each job assignment. * Verifies kits, enters Batch lot information, packages and labels accessory items according to documented instructions. * Uses appropriate mats and all required tooling. * Checks equipment (torque wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) to ensure proper performance. * May assemble a variety of systems integration sub assemblies. * Notifies leadership of any shut down situations. * Enters data into Process Feedback System (PFS) and links subassemblies to final unit. * Enters quantities into Operations Complete (Baan) when required. * Builds sub-assemblies and adds labels per manufacturing instructions and schematic drawings. * Performs systems integration specific hand solder and inspection operations per documented instructions. * Performs F-cert function to ensure final units have passed through all necessary operations. * Performs final inspection of unit to ensure there are no visible defects or finger prints and wipes down unit as needed. * Adds user manuals, accessory packs, cables, labels, etc per documented instructions. * May assist manufacturing engineering in basic prototype and pre-production builds. * Uses manufacturing routings and process instructions under minimal supervision. * Disassembles, repairs and reassembles units in certified repair operations. * Uses manufacturing routings and process instructions under minimal supervision. * Mentors other co-workers in assembly activities.
2+ years of experience in SI assembly and the ability to perform repair or test; Some heavy mechanical assembly
Candidate must have High School diploma or GED
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. to base all employment-related decisions on principles of equal employment opportunity.
It is Our Policy to
Recruit, hire, promote, assign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Administer all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, discipline, termination, Company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Provide reasonable accommodation where necessary and feasible, and otherwise treat equally, qualified individuals with disabilities
Provide a workplace free of prohibited harassment, including sexual harassment