- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
SITKA Gear Product Manager - Whitetail Category (Bozeman, MT)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Best known as the manufacturer of GORE-TEX fabrics for garments and footwear, Gore manufactures a wide range of high-performance fabrics engineered to protect wearers in the most demanding environments--from explorers on the North Pole to firefighters, soldiers, and emergency workers. We are looking for a Whitetail Product Manager to join the Sitka Gear team in Bozeman, MT.
Sitka Gear, a subsidiary of Gore, designs and manufactures the fastest-growing brand of pinnacle performance hunting and archery gear. Visit sitkagear.com to learn more.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will drive the strategy, creation, positioning, and profitability of a multiple product line category. You will use your experience in and knowledge of strategy. You will partner with a category marketing associate to become the core of a merchant team for this category of hunting apparel. This team will provide the direction and focus of our product driven organization within the category by exercising sound analysis and judgment, influencing the thinking of others, and managing relationships with our key vendors and other associates to creation of the best hunting apparel in the world.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be an experienced and passionate end-user in whitetail hunting
* Have experience in and excitement for the development of new high-performance hunting apparel and gear
* Have a passion to ensure that new products perform the first time and every time
* Be skilled at integrating a diverse group into a cohesive team focused upon achieving a singular objective
* Developing the global apparel category product strategy.
* Leading the execution of the product strategy which delivers profitable revenue growth, market leadership and being the reference brand for performance hunting apparel. This includes:
* Accountability for developing and maintaining the product and collection strategy
* Responsibility for the Fitness For Use (FFU) of all products in the category
* Establishing pricing for products which includes meeting product costing expectations of categories
* Driving product positioning by market/channel and partnering with the Product Communication team to ensure a successful product launch plan
* Successfully integrating the team (technology/product development, sales/marketing, and operations) to meet product category objectives and ensure clarity of product decision making and accountability for product performance
Required Job Qualifications:
* A minimum 4 years of apparel product management experience, which can include previous experience in a product development, or new business development role
* Passion for innovative apparel and accessories
* Demonstrated experience leveraging market research, opportunity assessment tools, project reviews, and stage-gate development processes
* Demonstrated knowledge of product line management, product life cycle, and multiple season product development processes
* Demonstrated ability to:
* Adapt and change direction/approach when necessary
* Effectively collaborate internally and externally
* Navigate early-stage development when working with limited data
* Work reliably with remote team members
* Experience leading projects from ideation through launch
* Excellent teaming, influencing, and interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Creative, proven self-starter
* Ability to travel up to 40%
Desired Job Qualifications:
* Four year degree
* Prior technical apparel product experience
* An experienced whitetail hunter
* Prior experience in the Hunting Industry
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Keywords: Gore, job, Bozeman, Montana, MT, engineer, products, science, technical, technologies, technology, projects, manager, management, managing, new, development, developing, commercializing, commercialization, commercialize, customers, requirements, functional, specifications, processes, prototypes, prototyping, creating, building, fabricating, analyzing, analysis, analyze, analytical, designs, designing, conducting, experiments, statistics, statistical, tests, testing, equipment, laboratory, manufacturing, manufacturability, production, industrial, concepts, feasibility, evaluating, evaluate, evaluation, assessing, assessment, fitness, use, capability, capabilities, attributes, Sitka, whitetail, hunting, hunt, deer